TIME

"Carrie, how are you feeling?" Detective Olivia Benson asked her best friend, the blonde laying in the hospital bed.

"I, I want to see Matthew." Carrie stuttered, Olivia nodding her head as she took a seat beside the bed.

"Your parents, Mark, Ivey, your sisters-,"

"I, I, I'm not ready for all, for all of that." Carrie raised her voice, struggling to speak clearly.

"I understand but I think they're all just very eager to see you. I know I was. I've missed you so much. It's been five years too long since I've seen my best friend." Olivia placed her hand over Carrie's, only for the woman in the hospital bed to quickly retract her hand. "Honey, I think they're really trying to figure out if you're okay. Are you, okay?" Carrie pressed her lips together as Olivia spoke, looking down at her hands nervously.

"No, but, but the only thing that matters to me is that Matthew hasn't moved on, found someone else." Olivia's heart sunk as Carrie spoke, thinking about her husband who she was only married to for a year before she was abducted.

Five years ago on March the 23rd, Carrie was abducted in the middle of the night at the house where she and Matthew lived together. Her husband Matthew was away for the week, due to his busy pro football schedule for the season.

"I, I just want to go home." Carrie added, trying her hardest not to get upset.

"Carrie, um, Matthew has remarried."
Olivia held her breath, Carrie shocked by her words.

"Five years is a long time." The blonde nodded her head gently, a small tear falling down her face.

"Carrie, I'm sorry-,"

"It's fine. I shouldn't have expected him to wait on me." The woman cut off her friend, wiping her place. "Can I have some time alone?" She asked, causing Olivia to gently sigh.

"Carrie, I am right outside if you need me." Carrie turned over in the bed as Olivia walked out of the room.

Once she was alone, Carrie broke down into tears, covering her face with both hands as she thought about her husband Matthew with another woman.

"Carrie, someone is here to see you." Olivia opened the hospital door, seeing the woman curled up in a ball on the bed.

"Carrie," his voice caused her to sit up, seeing Matthew slowly entering the bland hospital room.

"Matt, please, leave me alone."

"I never thought I would see you again. Carrie, I thought, we thought that-,"

"We, we were married. I, I finally escaped and my husband has remarried-,"

"Carrie, I've missed you so much." Matthew said, trying to hug her only she quickly pulled away.

"Please, don't touch me." Carrie pressed her lips together as she wiped tears from her face. "How, how long have you been together?" She asked, coughing.

"We've been married for three years." He answered honestly, the woman lowering her head as she took a deep breath.

"You didn't care about me. I, it took you what less than a year to get over me? To get over my abduction?" The woman looked up at him seriously.

"Carrie, I am sorry."

"Get away from me. Get out now. I don't want to see you." She said quickly, turning away from him in the hospital bed.

"I' m really sorry, Care." Matthew said before walking out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

The woman laid there in shock once her, she figured now, ex husband had left the room. Carrie didn't know what to think. She didn't know how to process the conversation that she'd just had with Matthew. She thought that if he had moved on without her she would be crushed. There was no doubt that she was indeed hurt but there was no pain that compared to what she'd been through after she was abducted.

Hours passed with Carrie lying on the hospital bed silently. People came to see her, her parents arrived not too long after Matthew had left and had tried speaking to Carrie, only she didn't speak back.

Carrie was humiliated with what'd happened. She didn't want to talk about it with anyone, definitely not her parents. The last thing she wanted was to disappoint them with the details of the past five years of her life.

I am so excited for this book! I hope you guys are excited too! Leave a comment and don't forget to vote!