10

"Care, please, look at me." Mike said, placing both hands on her face. "I love you. I love you so much. You don't have to do this. I don't want you to." The woman bit her lip as she looked up into his eyes, tears forming in hers.

"But Mike-,"

"Carrie, I can't let you do this. I won't let you do this." He shook his head quickly, Carrie holding her breath as the tears fell down her face. "I love you. I will always love you. I need you to trust me when I say that." Mike licked his lips, kissing her forehead.

"Mike, it's different, okay?" She wiped her face, sitting up straight. "I don't think you realise how much I went through when I was, away. Yes, I told you but, but it changed me. I'm not the same as I was before." Carrie tried explaining, Mike looking at her seriously. "When I have scars, I don't just mean physically, I mean mentally too. I need you to understand that I can't be like every other girlfriend, okay? There are a lot of things that I am not okay with and that I won't be okay with. There are also things that I will struggle with, like trusting you. I understand that I was gone for five years but that doesn't mean I wasn't hurt when I came back and found out that Matthew had remarried, just given up hope that I would return. He was my husband. He was the only man I ever loved and he betrayed me. I'm sorry if this is too much but I only had sex a few times till I went away." Carrie worried that she was taking things too far. "I just, I don't know how to do this. I don't know how to be loved by someone, how to be cared for by someone, anymore. " Carrie confessed, wiping another tear from her face as it slowly slid down her cheek.

"Hey, don't felt like this is something you have to do.

"If you don't want to do this, I understand completely. But I'm willing to try this if you are. I do care about you, a lot. I just want to make you happy." Mike cupped her face gently, Carrie's heart melting.

"I really want to take things slow, if that's alright."

"Of course." Mike nodded, softly pressing his lips against hers, Carrie smiling gently. Once the two slowly pulled away, she couldn't help but grin widely. No matter how nervous she was for their relationship, it was a good nervous. "I want you to be honest with me. I want you to tell me if I ever take things to far, okay?" He looked into her eyes as her intertwined his fingers with hers, the woman biting her lip. 

"Okay." She nodded, holding her breath for a short second. "I will. I, I really care about you Mike. You, you really mean a lot to me. " Carrie added, resting her forehead against hers. 

"You don't need to be nervous with me." Mike placed a hand against her face before softly kissing her lips, the woman's heart fluttering in her chest. 

Comment your thoughts! I would love to hear what you guys are thinking!