12

"Thank you for making me breakfast." Carrie gently smiled as she walked into the kitchen, seeing Mike put two pancakes on a plate for her.

"You're welcome. Hey," Mike looped am arm around her waist as she walked past, him stopping her.

"Hey," she smiled before kissing his lips gently, Mike pulling her closer before they both pulled away. "Mmmmh." Carrie let out a gentle breath, pecking his lips before walking around to sit at the island.

"What?" Mike asked, her smiling widely.

"I, I'm just, I am happy." She pressed her lips together, tears coming to her eyes. Mike put the spatula down, worried that she was upset. "I'm okay. I just didn't think I'd be this happy again." Carrie confessed, resting her head on Mike's chest once he'd pulled her into a hug.

"I'm glad you're happy. You said though you want to take things slow. Last night wasn't exactly slow-,"

"I know but it felt right." She bit her lip gently, him smirking before they shared a kiss.

"I agree." He nodded, wrapping his arms around her, the blonde still sitting on the bar stool. "I want you to be honest with me though if you feel like things are moving too fast." Mike said once he'd pulled away from another kiss. "Promise?" He questioned, her nodding her head gently.

"Promise." She licked her lips. "Now, I'm starving." Carrie stood up, walking into the kitchen and getting the plate of pancakes that he'd sat out for her. "Can I ask you a question?" She bit her lip gently, pour the syrup on the pancakes, Mike nodding. "Did you ever want to give up, when, when you were looking for me?" Carrie looked across the table at him, Mike almost immediately shaking his head.

"Not once. Hearing that you'd been kidnapped, I've never experience that kind of instant pain before. I was terrified. The only thing I was certain of was that I had to find you. Why? Why do you ask that?" Mike looked at her seriously, the woman taking a deep breath, unsure whether or not she should answer honestly.

"I just," she paused, taking a deep breath. "It didn't take Matthew long, to, to move on. I'm sorry I didn't mean to ruin a good moment." Carrie shook her head, regretting bringing up the conversation.

"Honey, Matthew wasn't much from the beginning." Mike reached to hold her hand, Carrie making eye contact with him. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise." He winked at her, Carrie flashing a gentle smile before nodding her head, licking her lips. "Please know you can talk to me about anything. I don't want you to feel like you have to hold back, you don't." Mike added.

All he wanted was for Carrie to be happy. To see that she'd still been thinking about how Matthew had abandoned her broke his heart. He wasn't upset because she was talking about her ex; he was upset because she was. Mike knew that it'd take some time but one day she'd be okay and she wouldn't think about everything that she'd been through all the time. That's why he was there, to help her, to help her heal.

So sorry it's been so long! 2o votes for a new chapter!❤️
What's your favorite song from Cry Pretty?