5.

Carrie opened her eyes slowly, looking down at the hand that was draped over her waist. She jumped, causing Mike to wake up.

"Are you okay?" He asked sitting up quickly.

"I'm sorry. I just, I thought you were him." Carrie shook her head embarrassed.

"It's alright. Did you sleep good?" Mike gently smiled at her, watching her nod her head.

"Better than I have in years. Can we just lay here for a little while?" She questioned, returning to the spot where she had fallen asleep.

"Course." He answered, laying beside her. Mike wasn't sure whether or not she wanted him to lay with her or just beside her, not until she reached behind her and grabbed his hand, putting it around her waist.

"Come here." She said quietly, closing her eyes slowly. Mike cuddled up next to her as she held his hand and began to fall back asleep.

Mike laid there quietly with Carrie as she slept peacefully. He couldn't help but think about how relaxed and comfortable he felt lying next to her, his arms wrapped around her petite frame. Mike didn't get a chance to finish the thought, his phone went off, causing him to pull it out from under the pillow he was lying on.

'David Smith killed himself this morning. When we went back to his house he was hanging in the backyard. Call me when you can.' The text from Olivia read, causing Mike to shake his head with a wide smile stretched across his face.

"Mike, what is it?" Carrie turned over, seeing Mike smiling at the text message on his phone.

"David Smith is dead."

So sorry that this chapter is so short! 2O votes for an update! Don't forget to watch Carrie's new music video 'Cry Pretty'!!