Chapter 37

Jenna pov
Me, Mary, and Jack are leaving the building when I notice that they are behind me being all weird and flirty. They are honestly so cute but I feel like I am third wheeling and no one likes that feeling. I just hope that one day, that is soon, jack will grow some balls and ask Mary out. But I just call them over and once they catch up they are still all flirty. I am not jealous but, it is just so annoying feeling like a third wheel. Now I am going to make them feel uncomfortable, because I know that Mary likes jack and he likes her back, but they don't know that soooo, time to make them realize that they are perfect for each other.
"Why are you two so flirty all of a sudden?" I ask like I am oblivious but I am actually the least oblivious among the two of them. Once I ask them their faces both turn bright red.
"We are not acting flirty, we are just joking around with each other." Jack says acting all innocent.
"Yeah" Mary says agreeing with him. I then roll my eyes and change the subject. We get an Uber to the mall and we are dropped off and we look around to see which dress I like. We then go into Macy's and I found a couple of dresses that I like. So we go to the fitting room and change.

I change into this dress and I go out and I see Mary and jack talking and once I step out they focus their attention on me

I change into this dress and I go out and I see Mary and jack talking and once I step out they focus their attention on me. They both have an expression on their face that I just can't quite read.
"What do you think?" I ask
"Uhh, it looks pretty but..." jack says but does not finish
"I think what jack is trying to say is that it is an average dress, it is not wowing is and it is not quite hitting the spot of, unique Jenna that I know." Mary finishes for jack. God does she know me well.
"Exactly" jack says once she finishes
"Ok, I agree." I say and I go back the changing room, but I look down at the dress and think, yeah this is not Jenna, it is anyone but me. So I changed into this dress.

I walk out and they both look at me

"Sooo.." I say
"Well it is more Jenna than the first one but still something his missing." Jack says. Who knew that this kid has such good fashion advice.
"I agree, you look beautiful in it but it is not there yet, but it is closer than the first one." Mary says agreeing with jack. They are right this one is more me, but not me, me.
"I think I have a dress that is totally me though." I say
"Well then show it to us" jack says smiling. I go back into the change room and put another dress on.