⋔"Chapter 17" ⋔

⋕⋕⋕

A couple weeks later after Edd and Tord's death, 3 weeks to be exact, today was Edd's funeral since Riley's parents paid for both funerals in apology of what she's done; even Edd's dad was going to come. Obviously, Matt had an entire speech ready but he didn't use it, like in a movie or a book, he threw it away and used his mind to talk about his lover, Tom as well joined in with him for comfort compared to Matt's parents who forced each other to go, it upset Matt that they didn't come for Edd or Tord, they came because they knew their ginger son would be extremely pissed. Either way, the mother of Riley set up the funeral at HeartLake Pond, although she wasn't a family member, she got help from Edd's other relatives, anyways, half of the entire town came to his funeral leaving behind things he loved, and even things he hated which wasn't the best for a funeral but whatever floats their boats. The body didn't get buried there but was hosted there because Edd's coffin would be buried next to Tord's back at the cemetery. After a couple different people spoke, it was finally Matts turn, he wasn't happy nor sad, but okay, Tom patted his back. " You can do it buddy," He smiled at him as the eyeless boy smiled back, watching him leave to the stand. Matt fake coughed before beginning his speech as so to say. " U-Uhm so, Edward well known as Edd or Eddie, was my lover. He was the greatest and kinda, how do i put it- bittersweet boy; he was actually deaf as well, it sucked because even his mother wouldn't use sign language or his notepad but he'd- uhh," Matt stopped himself over the lack of the pain in his throat and Riley being here, she motioned him to continue as he sucked it up and kept going. " Heh, he'd always carry around his notepad around wherever he went, and he gave me it, and i read i-it over.. i just want to thank everybody for actually caring about him and talking to him like a normal person. Speaking of being normal, everybody knows he always cover up his face? Well, he was like all of us, he has eyes, and they were so fucking beautiful, a beautiful green kinda minty color, and he was beautiful too. i-i, i again, thank you all for coming, especially those who knew him like no other, this one is for you Lemon Boy... "

...

Afterwards, they all went home except a few, but either way, Matt walked Tom over to his house, they stayed silent for a while until Tom spoke.
" Matthew, would you ever fall in love again? "
" No. "
" o-oh really? uh- great! B-But just a question? "
" okay, hit me up then. "
" Why do you call Eddie, Lemon Boy? "
" Hm? Oh, well, he showed me this song a while back, he'd usually play it but he always preferred to be described as a bittersweet boy, like a lemon. Plus, he really liked Cavetown, they sang that song. "
" And Citrus Boy? "
" Oh so nosy Thomas!," Matt poked his nose and nudged him softly. " He thought i was sweeter than anything else, not honey, not candy or anything sweet you thought existed, he thought oranges were sweeter compared to anything else, hence the Citrus Boy, also because-"
" you're ginger? "
" mhm, but you can't call me that okay? "
" oh- yeah yeah, sure! " Matt and Tom approached his household, same as always, nothing changes, he stopped in front of the white gate and Tom stood with him, his face had a light tint of pink smeared across his pale face. " m-matt, what if i told you that i kinda- uh, l-like you? "
" Tom, we just got back from a funeral, are you serious? "
" i-im sorry but before i go i- uhm-," Tom looked at him as Matt slowly backed away until he kissed the gingers cheek and jumped over his fence, he stood there in anger and shock, if he did that tomarrow then he'd be impressed but now now..
Matt continued his way back home until he saw in the distance, three friends walking towards him, he never liked being noticed so much but here he is, continuing to walk he finally made it to the three friends, in an instant, he knew who they were.. Edwardo, Jon, and Mark. Mark kept walking as so did Jon but Edwardo didn't. " 'Dwardy? We gotta get goin c'mon! "
" Go without me, I'll catch up. " Edwardo stared down at him while Matt had no fucks given, he just wanted to sit in his room and cry. " what. "
" Heh, remember Edward? "
" don't right now- "
" Im happy that he's ya know, kinda, gone? Poof haha. "
" Listen here, if you wanna get knocked the fuck out then I'd suggest you keep going.. "
" Like you'd ever stop me!- " Matt punched him so hard his nose bled and tumbled back as Matt ran home as quick as possible, he just wanted to get home.
he just wanted to cry.
he just wanted his Edd back.
...
⋕⋕⋕
--
Total words: 867