Chapter 11

“Who’s this young man? Is he your lover or something? If he hurts you tell me. Okay? Please.” My dad whispered into my ear. I rolled my eyes and walked away, into the living room, sitting on the couch. My mom and Dwayn followed after me.

“So Press, Have you talked to Kyle since… the break up?” My stomach flipped as his name left my mother's mouth. My eyes started to water and my vision got blurry. I hugged my knees and i started crying.

“Press i’m so sorry…. i didnt mean to make you cry.” My mom said running over to me, with her arms wrapped around me, rocking me slowly.

“all the memories.” I whispered. I stood up and walked out the door. I ran out into the lawn, and cried where he broke up with me. I looked up and i saw his truck go by. My heart stopped as i made direct eye contact with him. The truck stopped, and slowly backed up. I tried to stand up and run back into the house but i tripped over my feet and fell on the floor. I heard a car door slam.

“Presten? Is that you?” His voice flowed out like water coming out of a faucet. I tensed up.

“yeah” i whispered. His hand touched my shoulder, turning me over to face him. My eyes watched his as he studied my face. I noticed a tear roll down his cheek.

“Kyle no dont cry.”

“i hurt you though.”

“I know you did. It hurts to see you stand right in front of me. Its just the memory though. Its nothing bad.” He sighed and he looked at the ground, looking back up to my face. He pulled me into his body and started crying. I wrapped hy arms around his waist and let him cry.

“I miss you.”

i froze as those words repeated in my head. he missed me? then why did he leave me. hes the one that turned me into this monster. but i still have feelings for him. deep ones.

He hugged me tighter and repeated that sentence.

“i missed you too.” i said tearing up again. i squeezed his shirt tightly. He breathed into my neck and his tears, dripping off of his cheek, onto my neck. He pulled away and looked at me once more.

“Ky-” I got cut off my a soft pair of lips, laying on mine.