Untitled Part 15

"Wooo!"

Percy flinched as Annabeth's cry of excitement hit his ears. He took another sip of his Sprite and tried not to spill his drink all over his best friend as she grabbed him by the shoulders.

"Are you sure you don't wanna drink?" she slurred, a sheepish covering her face. Percy smiled patiently and put his glass down on the bar.

"Nah. You know I don't drink, 'Beth."

The blonde seemed to think about that fact for a moment. "Oh."

Percy resisted the urge to snort. "Yeah. Where's Piper gone off to?"

"Piper? Piperrr," Annabeth laughed, in such a non-Annabeth way that Percy almost wanted to record it. "That's my girlfriend."

Percy got to his feet, the vibration from the deafening music going up into his shoes. He helped Annabeth stand up with an arm around her waist. "Come on. Let's find her."

Annabeth cheered. Percy was pretty sure she barely remembered who they were going to look for.

Walking around the crowded club with a drunken girl putting nearly all her weight on his side, Percy struggled for about ten minutes. He never complained, though. He wouldn't complain about Annabeth. Her college classes had really taken a toll on her, now that she was in her third year and her internship kept her busy. She needed to let go for one night. If Percy had to deal with an intoxicated best friend for a while, so be it.

"There!"

Percy gave a sigh of relief as he caught a glimpse of Piper, her dark braid shimmering under the light. She was sitting cross-legged on a small ledge along the wall, talking to a boy Percy didn't recognize. He had his back turned to Percy and Annabeth and was holding an empty glass. Just as Percy thought she would be jealous, Annabeth snorted.

"Whatever, she's too gay."

Percy couldn't help but laugh at the blunt comment. Piper looked up and met his eyes, a grin blooming on her face.

"Percy! Percy! And my girlfriend!"

The boy sitting across from Piper turned around to look at them, and Percy took a sharp breath in recognition.

"You're Thalia's brother! Jason, right?"

Annabeth pushed Percy away gently, taking two steps forward and hugging Piper tightly as she sat down. The blond boy was still looking at him.

"Yeah. I've met you before."

Percy smiled. "Your sister used to give me guitar lessons, two or three years ago."

Jason's eyes widened slightly and he grinned. "Right!"

Piper and Annabeth were most definitely making out at that point. Jason gave Percy a pointed look and turned to face him completely. Percy laughed and sat down.

"Are you here on your own?" Percy asked. Jason looked at the bottom of his empty glass.

"Well, I was here with two friends, but one bailed and went home with my , and the other hooked up with some girl. I was about to call an Uber and leave too when I ran into Piper."

Percy winced. "Yeah, that's on me, my bad. Is she too trashed?"

Jason chuckled. "Quite a bit, yeah. But it's fine, no need to apologize. She recognized me from Econ 305 and stopped me to rant about herbeautiful girlfriend."

He gestured quotation marks around Piper's words. Percy shook his head in amusement.

"Yeah, that sounds like her."