Chapter Four

"Okay," Gabriel said when they started walking. "I guess this is goodbye?"

Castiel looked at his brother curiously.

"Whoa, what?" Dean exclaimed.

"We were just staying for the night, remember?" Gabriel explained. "After that we were gonna leave you guys alone."

Sam and Dean started to panic slightly. "No," Sam said a little too quickly. "You should stick with us. Um, b-because it's a lot more safe in groups," he turned to his brother. "Right?"

"Yeah." Dean nodded.

Gabriel looked at Castiel. "What do you say? Should we stick around with these guys?" He winked.

Castiel smiled slightly. "Sure. Like they said, it's safer in groups."

"Then I hope you have room for one more." A smooth female voice came from behind them.

The small group turned around to see a woman. The woman was short compared to them, and she had black curly hair. "Who are you?" Castiel asked.

The woman looked offended. "Why, don't you recognize me? I sure recognize you," She smirked. "Clarence."

Castiel's eyes widened. "Meg!?"

Meg waved. "Hi."

"What happened to your other... body?" Gabriel asked.

Meg frowned. "Someone shot me like a billion times, it was painful. That moron would've kept shooting me if I didn't leave."

Dean looked back and forth between Meg and the brothers. They were taking to her like she was their friend that they hadn't seen in years. It was weird. "Anyway," Meg continued. "Have you seen a girl around here? About fourteen years old? Short? Light brown hair and cat eyes?"

Dean frowned slightly. She was looking for Amelia. "That depends," everyone turned their attention towards Dean. "Why are you looking for her?"

The demon seemed to finally acknowledge the Winchesters' presence. "Oh, hello," her eyes scanned over the two brothers. "Who might you be?"

"That's Dean," Gabriel pointed at Dean. "And Sam." He moved his finger to where Sam was standing.

Meg smiled. "Nice to meet you," she turned her attention back to Cas and Gabriel. "She can't be possessed. We wanted to find her and ask her some questions, but apparently, that task was too difficult," She scowled. "So have you seen her?"

"Yes," Castiel answered.

Meg almost looked relieved. "Where is she?"

"We don't know," Gabriel said.

"You... don't know?" For a split second her expression changed into worry but it changed to boredom just as quickly. She sighed. "Oh well," she turned around to leave. "Nice meeting you, Sam and Dean. Good to see you again, Novaks."

"That was a little odd." Sam mentioned when she disappeared.

"Kinda, yeah," Gabriel agreed. "We should get going."

They continued walking. They had no idea where they were going to go. That was the only safe place the pair of brothers had known in years. Were they ever going to find another one? The houses they passed were falling apart. Some were burned to the ground, some were collapsing, and others probably had creatures living in them. Castiel lagged behind everyone. He still didn't feel comfortable walking in the streets. It just always felt like something bad was gonna happen. And it did once. Castiel shook his head. He didn't like to think about it.