Chapter Four

I stood outside in a clearing where all the other pack members were training. It was surprising to watch each pack member fail to comply with the instructor. I knew I didn't need any training, as I was the lead warrior at my old pack. A tall, black-haired girl approached me as I watched the pack members. She resembled the Alpha as she got closer to me.

"Hi, I'm Alexis. The Alpha's sister. I heard you're his mate." She stood before me as the other members stopped training to watch the interaction.

"No, I'm not." My voice was stern and quiet, but I didn't let her intimidate me.

"Hmm, a shame. My brother does need you in his life. I would've figured he would at least give you a chance. I guess we will have to force him." Alexis was right, but I didn't want him to be my mate.

"Come with me." I didn't understand what she wanted from me besides being the Alpha's mate, but she insisted, so I followed her. When we got to the kitchen, he was sitting down, drinking a cup of coffee while skimming through his phone.

"Alexis, she should be training with the other pups. Why is she standing here in my kitchen?" He was so hostile toward me that I forgot he was my mate.

"Lycidas, she is the Luna now. She doesn't need training. She needs Luna's duties, and I will teach them to her. Don't be so hostile toward her, she is your mate." I stood there watching them, too, wishing I had a brother to argue with.

"No. She will not be Luna. She will be treated like every other pup in the pack. That's final." His voice raised a little, and I jumped. Memories from my old pack started to rise, but I pushed them back. Finally, I spoke.

"If he doesn't want me to be his mate or the Luna, then I'll just leave. I'm obviously not wanted, and I don't care to be here any longer than you do. So, spare me the treatment of every other pack member in this pack. I'm leaving tonight." As I was about to walk away, the Alpha pushed me onto the wall behind me.
"Don't defy me. Or you will be punished." I pushed him away from me and growled at him.

"Don't ever tell me what to do. I don't belong to this pack." I backed away and started to leave when he caught my elbow with his hand to stop me. I ripped my elbow away from him and swung a punch toward his face.

"Olivia, no," Alexis whispered. I looked in the Alpha's eyes to see them pitch black and him growling at me. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me toward the backyard, where two poles stood with chains. My eyes widened as he kept pulling me in that direction. Two guards helped Lycidas chain me to the poles. My breath quickened as I looked at him with fear as I noticed he had a whip in his hand. The one guard cut my shirt in the back in two, and Alexis tried to stop her brother. But two different guards had to pin her down.

Lycidas' Pov:

"Your punishment for defying me time and time again. I will not have no one, not even my mate, defy me in front of anyone." A piercing scream left her dried lips as another slash whipped her bare back. A crimson color liquid poured down each slash onto the ground. My wolf screamed through my mind to force me to stop, but I could not until she submitted. My breath hitches as I hear her grasp for another breath. Her wrists were tied to each metal pole on the sides of her, and her body slumped downward as she tried to fight for another breath. My body couldn't look at this site in front of me anymore. My legs began to move on their own accord to untie her. My hands slipped underneath her and carried her to the pack hospital. My wolf demanded the pack doctor to heal her, or else he would die too. I disappeared after making sure the nurses were helping. My mind was going ballistic at my actions.