Realization

CHAPTER 7

ZAYNS POV

"Can we pull over? I feel really tired and can you drive?" Chey asks.

"Of course" I smile.

"Thank you so much" just as we pull over Nique wakes up and I'm screwed. I thought she definitely would sleep longer. Well, this sucks. Cheyenne pulls over and I get out of the passenger seat and we switch sides. Just as I get into the drivers seat, Chey puts her head against the window and starts to fall asleep.

"Why haven't you guys gotten married yet?" Nique wiggles around in her seat impatiently.

"Well" I lift Cheyennes left hand up gently and rub the ring with my thumb of the hand I'm not driving with.

"YOU GUYS ALREADY GOT MARRIED!?" What? Oh I know what she's thinking.

"No we haven't it's just an engagement ring and be quiet your going to wake her." Cheyenne moves uncomfortably in her seat. I point to the reclining button on her seat so, Nique can recline it for Chey.

"What?" Nique asks unaware of what exactly I'm trying to say.

"Recline the seat so she can sleep it's been 5 days since she got any sleep." Nique nods and reclines the seat and moves to the left so the seat doesn't crush her and Vinny.

"Is that good?" I nod.

"Grab the blanket from the back." Nique grabs the blanket and puts it on herself.

"Not for you" I laugh.

"Oh" she laughs with me and puts it on Chey.

"There's another one back there if you really want one." She nods and reaches back and pulls out her blanket from when she was just a baby.

"You.. You guys.. Kept it." I nod.

She crys out tears of joy and starts kissing, squeezing and hugging as my aunt Joanie would when she used to visit when I was little.

Cheyenne starts to wake up from Nique being so loud and happy.

We pull up to our house and Cheyenne looks confused.

"Why are we here? I have an appointment." I nod.

"You did but we wouldn't have made it anyways so I brought us back here and I'm going to call them when we get in the house to reschedule." She nods and unbuckles, and gets out of the car.

She opens the back of the car door and starts to pick up all the bags.

"No I'll get them." I get out of the car and walk over to Chey and take the bags and run them up to the porch and just as I get there Louis opens the front door.

"Hey man back so soon?" I nod.

"Yeah will you bring these to our room or the living room? We have Nique and she's sleeping so I have to carry her." He nods and picks up the bags and Chey walks over with Vinny in her arms.

"Will you get Nique out of the car? I don't want to wake her." I kiss Chey on the cheek and walk over to the car and pick up Nique with her blanket wrapped around her body.

I bring Nique upstairs to the guest bedroom and lay her down. I bring the blanket up to her chest and she cuddles to it. I leave the clicker on the side of the bed and open the mini fridge and grab a water. I take one for me, Nique and Chey. I put Niques on the night stand and start to close the door but, Chey comes up behind me and hugs around my back.

"Hi." She says and I turn around to face her.

"Hey baby." I say before kissing her gently on the lips.