chapter 1

My breath was rapid as I walked past him. His arm brushed up against mine as he walked by causing me to shiver. He never talks to me and I never talk to him. But we always seem to catch each other's eye. Recently, he's been starting to walk closer to me as we pass. He knows I'm with someone so I don't understand what he's doing, who I've been with for 5 years now.

"Hey babe," Ryder, my boyfriend, comes up from behind me and plants a kiss on my temple. I turn around and face him with a bright smile on my face.

We chat for a couple minutes until it's time to go to class. Ryder pulls me into a hug and my eyes immediately look into Timothees. He's standing by his locker, glancing at me. I look away and focus my attention on saying goodbye to Ryder.

"Bye love, I'll see you after school." I wave to him as he walks away.

I walk into math class for the last time in high school. Today is the last day of the first semester so we'll get new classes tomorrow. I honestly hate change but different classes means meeting more people. All I have right now is Ryder.

Math goes by as slow as ever per usual. As soon as class is over, I go to my locker and grab my bag. I walk out to outside and I spot a certain 6 foot curly haired boy standing next to my car.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I approach him. "Ryder is going to be here in a minute."

"What are you not allowed to talk to other guys? He's really that insecure about himself?" He chuckles, taking a puff from his cigarette.

I roll my eyes at his response. I lean against my car and look around for Ryder. Where is he? He should be here by now.

"You didn't like get someone to distract him so you'd have time with me, did you?" I ask, not looking at him.

He moves in front of me and smirks. "Don't flatter yourself, love."

And with that he begins to walk away and I didn't bother to call after him.