chapter 3

As soon as I get home I call Ryder at least 20 times. I've got nothing by voicemail so I decide to text him.

Please answer me, Ry
Answer
??
Babe..

I pace around my room, waiting for a text or call back from him for at least an hour. After not hearing anything, I decide to take a shower to calm my nerves.

I grab my robe and head to the bathroom. I turn the shower on before undressing. As I step into the shower, all the tension in my body dissolves. It felt so nice and calm.

Once I got out, I dried my body and hair. I walked back to my room to my phone ringing. Ryder.

"Hello?" I say into the phone anxiously while laying down on my bed.

"Hi." He breathes.

"I don't know why you're mad at me." I tell him.

"I'm actually not mad. I don't have a reason to. Do I?"

"No you don't."

"That's what I thought. Can we drop this please?" He sighs over the phone.

"Yeah, sure." I nod even though he can't see me.

"I gotta go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Alright. I love you."

"Love you too," And with that he hangs up.

I throw my phone down on my bed with a sigh. Why is he being like this?

I grab the TV remote from my nightstand and I find something to watch to get my mind off of whatever just happened.

Then my phone goes off.

1 New Text Message From: Unknown Number

UN: Hey.

Me: Hey? Who's this?

UN: That's for me to know and you to find out.

I hate people like this.

Me: I'm not in the mood for your stupid games.

UN: Looks like you're going to have to be because I'm not telling you who I am just yet.

Me: I could just stop replying. Ever think of that?

UN: Don't be like that.

Me: Too bad.

UN: I'll tell you tomorrow. Meet me by your locker after school.

Me: Um..okay.