Chapter Un/Une

*Unedited

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The atmosphere in the car, on our way to the local, was tense. My mom tried to have a decent conversation with me, but I was too angry to answer. What was I supposed to say anyway? She was sending me away to a man, who abandoned me before he could see my first steps or even hear my first words.

Finally, after the long drive, we stopped near a dead-end. I took a look around the area. The place looked crashed; houses were abandoned and there was dirt and garbage everywhere. The place freaked me out a little. The area looked depressing. Were we in the right place?

As though she could read my mind, my mom said, with a stern voice,

“This is the address I got.”

I snorted and got out of the car. I picked up my heavy bags from the backseat and dragged them towards the alley. My mom popped her head out of the car.

“I’m sorry, honey. But you've need to learn to think before your actions.”

“That’s boring, mom,” I said and faked a smile. I knew that would piss her off even more.

I turned on my heels and walked to the door, which appeared in front of me. I slowly opened it and saw a room. It was, kind of, dull and dark. I heard a voice and a couple of murmurs. I looked around and spotted a couple of guys; all of them with their backs’ facing me. Their attention was focused on a man, standing near a board with a lot of notes scribbled on it. I couldn’t see that much because they were all so tall, with their broad shoulders and all. I decided to go and wait in the office, which was behind the board, upstairs. You could tell that the place was a boxing arena, because of the boxing ring, sacks hanging down from the roof and some benches.

Behind the sacks there was a room; maybe the dressing room? I tried to take small steps towards the office, but I tripped on a shoe and fell hard on the floor. Like this day couldn’t get any worse, all the guys turned around. Their curious gazes were locked on me.

“Damn it, f*cking shoe.”

I looked around and spotted a bench right beside me and tried to support my weight on the bench. It wobbled right when I was about to push myself up and I fell again. Great, isn't it? Now, everyone was staring at me curiously. Why do I have to be so freaking clumsy? It was embarrassing. I could tell my cheeks were starting to heat up.

‘Stop staring at me. It makes this situation more awkward and uncomfortable,’ I thought to myself. Couldn’t these guys at least help me? I mean, come on, when someone is obviously in need, you help them, right?

“Bloody Mary! Who are you?” a guy with a British accent asked. He looked really good. I realized I was ogling at him, with my jaw on the floor!

No need to be rude and curse!

“Is that how you welcome a person? I am here to see Mr. O’bry. Where is he? Is he here?”

“It depends on who's asking,” a deep voice said among the group.

“Lianna,” I said, as coldly as I could.

“5 minutes,” he said, showing no signs of emotion.

They all turned around. After 5 minutes, he clapped his hands. The boys were gone, before I could even blink.

There was no one at the local. My father started for the door.

“Where are you going?”

He didn’t answer and continued to walk. Before I could take a step, someone touched my shoulder. I turned around and smacked him.

He looked surprised.

“Easy girl,” the British guy said.

“Excuse me. I am not the one creeping up on people.”

“Whatever," he said with a smirk. "So, you should probably follow me, if you want to talk to my father.”

“Father?” I asked dumbfounded.

“Yeah, you know the guy who provides the sperm,” he said, with a weird look.

I watched him carefully and asked, “Is that your definition of a father?”

Before he could say something, I interrupted him.

“He can’t be your father. Is your real father dead or something?”

“That was rude. Anyway, no, he is alive. Why can’t he be my father?”

“Because he is my father.”

He couldn't have another family, could he?

"So? A perfectly healthy man can provide a lot of sperms, which can contribute to a lot of children’s birth."

He looked satisfied. Poor guy.

"Whatever, why do I have to follow you to talk to MY father anyway? Are you some sort of an assistant?”

"Are you serious?" He asked me, with a cautious face.

I was starting to get tired of this conversation. I'd had a long day. I was sad; hurt by my mother and I just wanted to sleep. This guy here didn’t make my day any better. So, sorry for being a little cranky.

"Listen, I really don't care who your father is. Just tell me, where my father is and I'll leave you alone? Got it or do I need to repeat myself again?"

His face darkened a little and he was about to say something, but he was interrupted by a powerful voice behind me. I shrieked and jumped out of the way and faced the so called ‘father’ behind me.