Chapter Trois

”Wake up sunshine,” Chris screamed, banging on the door.

I groaned and rolled around in my cozy bed.

”Shut up!” I screamed back.

"That's the spirit. Now get up!!" I felt him smirking behind the door.

I got up as slowly as possible and started for the toilet. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I looked a lot like my dad; the brown hair and the deep brown eyes. When I got out of the shower, I went to the closet and found my uniform. It was simple - tight black jeans and a white shirt, with the school's logo. When I was dressed, Chris stepped into my room.

I sighed, ”What now?”

”Because of your laziness, we are getting late. No breakfast for you, milady.”

He took my arm and dragged me to his car.

”Wow, someone loves school, I see.”

”Very funny, get in now.”

”What about your sister?”

”She went with her boyfriend and the guys an hour ago. We could have joined them if you weren’t so lazy.”

He pushed me into the car and pressed down on the gas, taking off. It felt like we had been driving for an hour, when we finally got to the parking lot. The school reminded me a bit of Hogwarts.

We couldn’t see a soul. I guess we were very late.

”So, my lesson has already begun and you have to go visit the principal. No time for me to be your guide,” Chris said, rushing to the building.

”Wait, where do I find him?” I screamed after him.

”Find it yourself. Meet me when we have lunch.” And here I was thinking, I was the bitch.

I sighed.

After wondering around for 10 minutes, I found the principal’s room. I stepped in to see the principal reading a paper, laying on his desk.

I coughed, "Excuse me.”

He looked up, getting up so suddenly. He cupped my face in his hands.

”Lianna, you look a lot like your dad, from when he was your age.”

I took his hands away from my face.

"No one touches me," I said, sternly.

He continued, like nothing had happened.

“I remember you like a little angel. It was a long time ago. I guess you don't remember me.”

“No, I don’t.”

“I am your Uncle Ben.”

“Uncle?” I looked at him but couldn’t see any similarities between him and my father. He was blonde and had piercing green eyes.

He chuckled, ”I know what you’re thinking. But, we are brothers in some twisted way.”

“It’s not just your appearance, your personality is different too,” I said.

“Look, give your father some time. He will come around.”

“No, he won't. Where is my schedule?” I said, changing the subject.

“Sorry, I forgot,” he went to his desk and took some papers. He gave me a map and a schedule.

“Here, we'll catch up some other time,” he said, smiling as brightly as he could.

“No, thanks,” I said, as quietly as possible.

“You need to say it quieter next time,” he said, still smiling.

I looked up at him, shocked. How could he possibly have heard that?

He smiled and went back to his desk again. I turned around and went out, a strange feeling in my stomach. I looked at my schedule and saw it was time for lunch. I was on my way to the canteen when I felt my pocket vibrating. I took a mobile out and checked the message, confused.

‘Like your new I-phone? Thank me later :). So, you need to see my crew and they are impatiently waiting in the canteen. Get your lazy ass here, now!’

I typed back,

‘If you put it like that, I think my lazy ass needs to rest a bit.’