Chapter Quatre

I walked through the long, empty and creepy hallway as slowly as I possibly could with my clumsy feet. When I finally found my locker, I shoved the books - which I had borrowed from the library - into it. Then, I felt a presence in the hallway.

'I'm just being paranoid,' I thought, as I shut my locker. As I turned around, I smacked somebody. I started to lose balance and was a moment from falling over the person, who grabbed me and kept a hold on me, while I regained my balance. The person who stood in front of me was a short, cute emo girl. Her hand was still on my arm, even though I was standing stable.

'She was incredibly strong for a skinny girl,' I thought, as she took her hand away from me and started to stare.

"Thank...you..." I said weirdly, still not sure how to react the girl.

"You are one of them" she told me, without taking her eyes from me. That girl was scaring me - nothing scared me; not even John's threats.

"One of who-" I began, before she abruptly interrupted me.

"Emma" She stretched out her hand with a small smile playing on her lips.

Why the sudden change in topic?

I grabbed her hand and replied, " Lianna."

After holding it a while she let my hand go. "Is it me or do you smell good food?"

I sniffed a bit and came across a nauseous odour.

"It is just you" I said wrinkling my nose.

A chuckle escaped her throat. "I'm sure you are different from them. I suppose we will just have to wait and see..." Emma mumbled.

I felt like she was trying to convince herself.

We went to the canteen together. She didn't say much on the way there: she was in her own world.

When we entered the canteen; I felt people staring at us. I couldn't see Scott in the crowded canteen, however, after searching for a while, I found him. He was sitting at a round table further away from the crowd. He stood up and looked over at me. A smile appeared on his face.

"Lianna!" He said very loudly, making everyone, including the lunch ladies stare at us.

I ignored the looks and started for the table. Emma wasn't following.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked.

"I don't belong there," she replied, walking to an empty table in the corner, and taking a seat, "Are you sure you do?"

What did she mean by that? I sighed, as I took my phone and messaged Chris:

'Next time C'

I went to Emma and sat with her. I was curious.

"This is Lianna O'bry. Take a good care of her" the teacher said nodding to the class. The school day was nearing it's end, but I still had one more lesson: Science. Also, people still hadn't got over me being the new girl in the school. Had they never had a new girl in school?

Me and Emma were parted during the day; I didn't know so much about her really: she was had been giving weird comments about me, every time I saw her, and she also smiled a lot.

"You can sit with Matt" my teacher said, as she pointed to a boy.

Matt was undoubtedly the definition of the word nerd. I went and sat down beside him. He was looking nervously at his table.

'His table must really look interesting,' I thought sarcastically.  I mumbled out a greeting to Matt, and wondered why Scott didn't text me back. He had given me a few glances when Emma and I ate, but he didn't look angry just suspicious.

The teacher interrupted my thoughts when she cleared her throat and told us we were going to work in pairs. She read out the groups from the class list and asked us to sit beside each other when we heard our names. Why couldn't we work with the one we sat with instead? I jumped when she said 'Lianna and Jason.'

Jason? Who was Jason? I had heard the name before. I tapped Matt's shoulder. He finally took his eyes away from the table.

He looked terrified, "Wha..t? " He stammered.

"Who is Jason" I said smiling so he could be less scared of me.

He swallowed a lump and I saw his adam's apple move up then down. He didn't say anything.  "I don't want waste another year of my life" I said starting to get irritated.

  "He sits at the back" He said getting redder and redder.

When I spun my head; I saw one person sitting in the back of the classroom. He was wearing a black hoodie with the hood covering his face. I stood up and went to him. He didn't seem to notice my presence, so I slowly touched his hand and felt the warmth of his skin. His eyes poped open and met mine, The electric blue of his iris; almost causing me to gasp. I quickly removed my hand from his, as he stared at me, and I stared back, I noticed how his jaw muscles moved, and his sharp nose and the scar crossing through one of his eyebrows. We were interrupted when the teacher started to talk and scrawl something on the board. Together we wrote a report on acids, without saying a word. I saw him peering over my shoulder.

When the bell rang he quickly got up from his seat and started for the door. He had a confused look on his face, like he was battling something.

I went down to my locker. The hallway was filled with students gossiping and rushing to the parking lot.

"Are coming or not?" I heard a voice saying. He dragged me out of the school to parking lot and into the car.

"Hi, Chris. How was my day? Hmm great!" I said sarcastically, hopping into his car.

"You shouldn't hang out with that girl, " He said stating the car.

"I'm sorry mom. What else are going to warn me about?"

He suddenly stopped the car and he looked at me seriously, "look, there is something I've got to tell you about her..."

Comment, vote and (Fan)

Thank you for voting, commenting and reading!! <3