Chapter 6

I thought about my newly received offer the whole way home. I didn't know what was bothering me the most, the fact that this Andrea person knew exactly who I was, or the fact that I actually considered accepting it. I mean, I've always liked reading and stuff, why not trying to write some myself? This is so typical me, I get nervous and insecure as soon as my life is heading in an unexpected direction. 

Amber, get real, working at the school paper isn't that big of a step..

"God how I wish I could break into that head of yours," Harry said, in obvious frustration, bringing me back to reality, as always. I dragged my eyes away from the small drops of water that slowly made their way down the window and looked at him.

"What?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing in particular."

"Sure you are, you have that wrinkle on your forehead, you always have that one when you're deep in thought."

"I do?"

He slowly nodded as a reply.

"It's cute, though," he quickly added.

"You're lucky that I love you," I laughed.

"Or what?"

"Or I'd make you suffer for pointing out one of my many flaws."

"Do you consider a wrinkle on your forehead a flaw? Seriously?"

"That depends, how deep is it?"

"Oh, it's like Grand Canyon."

I just huffed and looked out the window to hide my stupid grin.

"No need to hide that smile, I know you by now," Harry explained and placed his large hand around my smaller one.

Harry threw his keys on the table in the kitchen before opening the fridge. I quickly removed them since leaving keys on the table means bad luck. That's not really anything I need right now. I didn't exactly know how to tell him about my offer, I already knew how he felt about me getting that part time job.

"Do you want anything?" he asked over his shoulder as he searched through the shelves in hopes of finding something to ease his slightly grumbling stomach. I was standing behind him, just watching him.

"I'm fine, thanks."

"Suit yourself."

I took a deep breath.

"Harry?"

"Mm.."

"I got an offer today.."

"Oh, what about?"

I took another deep breath as I watched him sort things out so he would be able to make the sandwich he was picturing.

"To work at the school paper."

Okay, the words are out. Wait, this is ridiculous, I shouldn't be scared of his reaction. I'm not scared of him. I love him. I could feel my back getting even more straight and I felt a lot more confident now than what I did only seconds ago. This was my life, and I should live it the way I wanted to.

All of my confidence vanished when I saw his eyes though. They were worried. Why?

"Oh," was all he said, before slowly turning back to his half finished meal. I rolled my eyes and gently placed a hand on his shoulder, and turned him to face me.