Chapter Eight

Cameron's POV

                    Once we hear the

announcement we hear slamming doors and locks being locked. I look at Sadie in shock and she is totally shut down. I've never seen her like this well in the time that I have known her. The only thought that is running through my mind is saving her. She looks around and runs out to the hallway and right away I run after her. She is sneakily running making sure to not be seen. We hear gunshots but not near us. Her head shoots in the directions. She goes to a locker, her locker and opens it. She grabs a long knife, I wonder why she has that but then I realize she is suicidal, have people beat her up, etc. Bam bam bam. Another round of bullets. Sadie closes the locker quietly and starts to go in the direction of the shooting. I can't let her do this. I run after her and grab her arm. "What the hell are you doing", she yell-whispers. "Trying to keep you from getting killed", I whisper back to her. "Its okay are you coming or not", she asks. I nod in hesitation.

                    We hear more firing.

She stops for a few seconds with worry then starts sprinting. We hear screams piercing through the air. More bullets. This time in her brother's hallway. We spot the killer. I duck behind the corner but Sadie is in the open. Her brother walks out and what happens is terrible.

Sadies POV

                     I can see the killer

and he is at least in his mid thirties. I see my brother and then all I hear is his scream. "NOOOOOOOOOOO", I screamed. Tears running down my eyes. One last bullet into my brother's chest then he turns to me. I'm crying, but Cameron is trying to move me. I don't move. I want revenge. I'm sad, and sure as hell mad. I wipe my tears off my face and start walking toward the killer. "Oh look your to late. Guess who's next.", the killer says. "I don't care if it's me I'm not afraid. I will not be afraid of you. Your a fucking coward. YOU MIGHT THINK YOUR BRAVE FOR KILLING INNOCENT PEOPLE BUT YOUR JUST A COWARD FOR WANTING THE ATTENTION", I scream. I start running away the opposite way. I can hear other footsteps other then mine and Cams. He shoots and it hits me in the arm. I fall and can't get up. He comes over to me. I think Cameron went to get something to hurt the killer with I'm fine with that. I can hear sirens but they won't do anything. The killer then shoots me in the ankles. I scream. He starts talking but I don't pay attention. Maybe I could keep him distracted and knee him in the groin. Once I thought that he moves his position to hold me down. I can distract him and slice him with my knife. I reach for it and hold it in my hand. I'm grasping onto it tightly. Without hesitation I end up stabbing him in the heart. He falls over. I go over to face him and I stab him more. I drop the knife and fall back onto my back again. Cameron comes in with many police officers and he sees me. I have tears running down my face remembering my brother just died. Then I killed the killer. And the pain is unbearable. Paramedics pick me up onto a gurney and my brother's dead body. Cam comes with the paramedics and loads in the back with me. I have no emotion at this point. Tears still roll down my cheeks. I get to the hospital and they rush me to the E.R I have a bullet lodged in my shoulder and left ankle. My right ankle looks like I got bit by a shark it's pretty bad. I end up falling asleep.

                  My eyes fly open.

I notice im in the hospital room they put me in. Cameron, Nash, Matt, and Hayes are here. They are all freaking out but I don't even know why. I see that they are making a vine. "Well look at who is finally up you fucking hero", Nash says. I have no emotion or expression. I am in no way in the mood for happy unicorn shit. My brother just got shot when it should've been me. It... should.. have...been...me? Yes. It should've. I deserve it. My brother was the sweetest, most kind teenage brother. I start to cry as the thoughts of it should've been me, and seeing his body fall to the ground. I'm sobbing uncontrollably. Cameron gets up and starts to comfort me. " WHY HIM GOD. WHY NOT ME!", I shout. Cameron says shhh, has he comforts me. I think this event will make it hard to not cut myself, or go into deeper depression. Nash and Matt come and sit on my bed and hug me tight. Hayes is recording for a vine. Its fine I guess. I don't know. I want to get out. I have to be in a wheelchair for a long time as my ankles heal. I ask if I can stay at Cams and it's okay. Matt and Nash, along with Hayes are staying over. I cry myself to sleep that's night.