Prep (Susanna POV)

I put on my helmet and secure my bag before waving to Mrs Hudson, Mr Holmes and Dr Watson and riding off. Grinning all the way back to my new flat, north of Baker Street, I revel in the joy of having found a new position. Even though I was only out of work for a month, it was hard to be patient because I have to be doing something or else my brain gets sore.

Luckily we were able to sort everything out. Dr Watson, or John as he has requested to be called, will pay me once a month. I have received a generous stipend from the Honeycutts and my father, so John doesn't have to pay me so much. I am expected to be at 221B Baker Street at 5 AM sharp every day, except for weekends, but when I leave depends upon their schedule.

I will be solely responsible for Rosie so I have been given express permission and direction to make sure she gets out and about for air. Not too far off from my last position, but the environment is drastically different. I wasn't rattled too much when Sherlock shot the yellow smiley face on the wall, but John has explicitly warned me about his experiments and other... unique habits.

I smile to myself, "I have six brothers. I can handle severed limbs and experiments just fine." I roll up to my flat complex and dismount before walking it into the small garage. I stow it, heft my bag onto my shoulder and begin walking to my flat. Miss Zella Blackburn, the manager and my former nanny, sees me walk up to the elevator and smiles, "Hello, dearie! How'd it go?"

"I got the job!" She beams at me.

"Wonderful! When do you start?"

"The day after tomorrow. Just enough time for me to get my things unpacked and sort out the rest."

"I am happy for you, Susie! Would you like to come over for a cuppa to celebrate?" I grin.

"I was just about to invite you, Miss Zella. I've got everything up and ready if you're available." She glances at her office before locking the door and putting up a notice.

"I think everyone will manage for an hour or so." We exchange smiles and board the lift. Mrs Hudson reminds me of Miss Zella, only Zella is more blunt and sharp tongued. She is like an aunt to me, so I enjoy her company when I'm not with my brothers and friends.

We get off on the fourth floor, where her flat and mine are. There are only a few other tenants here; the Nichols family, Doctor Olsen and Victoria Lane. We wave to Victoria and I retrieve my key to let us into the flat.

Barney Fife, my seal colored senior Scottish Fold male cat, greets us with chortled mews from the vintage leather chaise lounge. I click in response, walking over and lifting him into my arms, "Hey, Barn, have you been good today?" He purrs strongly, nestling his head into the crook of my neck. Miss Zella chuckles, stroking behind his ears.

"You are most certainly a cat lady, Susie. And you have a handsome boy."

"Yes, I know. All the women in my family are cat people. Barney here has been my baby for years. Named him-"

"After the deputy on the Andy Griffith show? Yes, I know." I kiss Barney on his nose and then set him back down.

"Now for that cuppa." We make our way to the kitchenette and I get started on the tea.

We chat for a long while before she has to return to the office. After which I turn my attention to the totes in the flat that I need to unpack.

Barney meows. I sigh in response, "I know, Barn. We've got our work cut out for us."

Please vote and comment!! Cheers!