Nine

"Are you coming tonight?" Julia asked.

It was the last Friday of the month, and Julia, Andrew, and I have a tradition: karaoke.

"Yes, of course I am," I said, putting the finishing touches on my makeup. "Why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, um, maybe because you are spending all your time with Dr. McHotterson and I haven't seen you in like a month," she huffed, and I could imagine her indignant face even through the phone.

"Ugh, Jules. Don't do that to me."

But she was right. Ever since Liam and I got together, I've been spending nearly every waking (and non-waking) moment at his house. I was just so smitten with him; it was hard to believe that he felt the same way about me.

"Do what? Tell you the truth?"

"Fine, fine. You're right. But yes, I am coming." I paused and cleared my throat. "Would it be okay if I brought Liam?"

"Duh! I want to meet this guy. You've been hiding him away for too long."

"I have not been hiding him away. It's just so much fun when we're alone..." I said, and she squealed.

"Ew! Tell me every detail."

"Later. Do you think Andrew will be okay with it?"

She let out a low whistle. "That boy misses you. I think he'll jump at the chance to see you, even if he has to share you with Dr. McHotterson."

"Stop calling him that!"

"Call Andrew. See you tonight."

But before I could dial the number, Liam came strolling into the bathroom. "Hey, beautiful, what's the plan for tonight?"

"Well, I had an idea I wanted to run past you."

"Okay, what is it?" he asked, hopping up on the counter in front of me, and I placed my palms on his jean-clad legs, looking up at him from under my lashes.

"Have you ever done karaoke?"

Liam snorted. "No. Definitely not."

"First time for everything."

"No. No way."

"Tonight is karaoke night with Julia and Andrew. Please join us," I begged, even adding the pouty lip for effect.

"I don't know, Charlotte..."

"Please? You're going to meet my friends sometime. Might as well be tonight."

I could tell he was going to give in. "Fine, fine. Only because it will make you happy...they're probably going to hate me."

I laughed. "No way. Julia already loves you."

"Oh, she does, does she?" he said, tickling my stomach. I threw my head back and laughed, and he jumped off the counter and picked me up over his shoulder, taking me back to the bedroom.

I'm falling for this guy.