Eleven

"I just want to make sure you're ready. I don't want you to do anything you aren't sure about," he said as he laid me down on his bed and I settled in under the covers.

Breathlessly, I said, "Yes. I'm ready. I'm—I'm a little nervous, but I'm ready."

"Why are you nervous, Charlotte? You know how I feel about you."

"I know, but I've only been with one other person in my life. This is unfamiliar territory for me."

Liam pushed my shirt over my head and then removed his own, running his fingers over the lace of my bra, the sensitive peaks underneath hardening at his touch. "That's okay, baby. Let me show you how phenomenal it can be."

I reached behind me and unfastened my bra, dropping it to the floor. "Please."

Palming one of my breasts, he leaned down and kissed me, drawing a sharp breath from me as he pushed his thigh between my legs.

He stilled and drew back. "Did I hurt you?"

I shook my head and pulled him back down. "God, no. It feels good," I whispered, letting my hands drift to his waist, unbuckling his belt. He helped me along by unbuttoning and unzipping his pants, kicking them off and pulling my legs free of my shorts.

He inhaled and looked up at me, his chest rising up and down. "You're not wearing panties."

"I hardly ever do; I've been waiting for you to notice," I said, and in an instant, he was devouring me, his kisses becoming deeper and more urgent by the second.

Liam slid his hands down the curve of my waist and slipped one between my legs, sliding two fingers inside me, and hissing at the moisture he found there.

"Have you been like this all day?"

"What, wet for you?" I asked, running my tongue along my bottom lip.

He clicked his tongue and found the bundle of nerves that was already aching for him and moved his thumb in small circles until I gasped. "You drive me crazy, you know that?"

I smiled and lifted my hips to meet him. "I do now."

When he pressed his desire for me against my inner thigh, I gripped the hair at the nape of his neck and pulled him closer.

"Eager, aren't we?"

All my nervousness from a few minutes ago had dissipated, and all that was left now was longing.

I reached between us and gripped him in my hand, lining him up at my entrance. "What do you think?"

With a groan, he shifted forward, and when our bodies met, we both cried out, the sensation overwhelming.

"Charlotte," he murmured, his mouth finding mine as he pushed the rest of the way inside me.

"Liam," I groaned into his kiss, wrapping my legs around his waist to give him more leverage. He took it, and before long, we were moving in a rhythm that was all our own, a rhythm that was pushing me closer and closer to release.

When his body twitched, and his breath caught in his throat, I knew he was close. I tightened around him, and he came undone, sending me over the edge with him.

He held me afterward, whispering sweet words in my ear. And long after he was asleep, I lay there watching him.

Wondering why after such a perfect first time together, something still didn't feel exactly right.