Chapter 13

"THAT'S HIM! THAT'S CODE!"

Tweek pulled away from CC and got up, taking off in a sprint after Code. "Tweek, wait! Don't be reckless!" CC yelled as she started after him. Butters followed behind CC, yelling as well, while Mysterion went up onto the rooftops. As Code made it to the end of the street, Mysterion jumped down in front of him and cocked him in the face... uh, screen.

Code fell back onto the asphalt, caring more to protect his laptop than himself. He stared up at Mysterion as he shoved his laptop into his bag. "Well, well, well, if it isn't my old friend Questionary. Long time no see, eh?" His screen glitched, but it was otherwise undamaged. 

The others came up on them, all huffing. Mysterion glared at Code and clenched his fists. Butters moved in front of Mysterion suddenly, bringing his foot down on the screen. Hard.

"FEEL THE WRATH OF PROFESSOR CHAOS!!!" He yelled, a smirk forming on his face. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO TWEEK, HUH? WHAT INFO DO YA GOT?!" Butters yanked Code's bag off of him and pinned him down, throwing the bag to the side. 

"Yeah... long time no see, Code." Mysterion grabbed the bag off the road and rummaged through it. He pulled out the laptop and turned it on, studying the screen. Code suddenly pushed Butters off and jumped up towards Mysterion. "HEY! Keep your eyes off my files, bastard!" He reached out at Mysterion and got hold of the computer. The two wrestled over it, but Butters quickly tackled Code again. "Mysterion, delete whatever info he's got!"

CC stood nearby, doing her best to restrain Tweek. "Tweek, calm down, alright? They got it under control!" Tweek soon relaxed, staying focused on Mysterion, who was still trying to work with Code's computer. After about a minute, Mysterion let out an aggravated groan. "You know what? FUCK IT! YEET!" With that, he smashed the laptop on the road, stomping on it.

Code let out of gasp. "DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH THAT COST ME YOU FUCKER?!?!" He screamed, shoving Butters away again and standing up. Instead of attacking Mysterion, though, he started backing away. "Fortunately for me, whether you had actually managed to delete my computer files or not, they were already linked up to my phone. So, really, I've lost nothing. Unfortunately for you , however, YOUR device is officially fucked. And with that, I bid you adieu." With a quick bow, Code snickered and took off running again, leaving the heroes gaping.

Mysterion pulled out his phone and looked at the screen, his mouth wide open. "You little- YOU JACKED MY PHONE!" Mysterion started sprinting after Code, shoving his phone back in his pocket as he ran. The others followed quickly, ending up chasing Code into a nearby alley way. 

"STOP RIGHT THERE, CODE!" Butters yelled, shooting an electric orb at Code's legs, causing him to trip. "AGH!!" Code yelled as he fell, his phone skidding onto the concrete next to him. "Son of a bitch..." He moved to get up, but was immediately tackled by Mysterion. Mysterion pulled out handcuffs and quickly put them on Code. Butters picked up Code's phone before turning back to the others, "We should take him back to the Coon Lair, then take a look at his phone. There could be some important stuff on this, so we shouldn't just break-" 

Before Butters could finish, Code kicked out at him and Mysterion, knocking them both over. Butters faceplanted into the ground. As he sat up, blood dripped from his nose. "Gah," He winced, holding his nose with his free hand and sitting up. "I-I think its broken..." Tweek walked over to Code, placing his hand onto Code's screen and shocking him. Code screamed in pain, his screen cracked from the electric shock. The overcharge powered him off, leaving his screen pitch black.

"Alright, we should get going to the lair. You alright, though, Butters?" Mysterion stood and moved to Butters with a worried look.

"Yeah, I think it's broken, though..." Butters muttered, giving a small smile.

CC grabbed up Code and slugged him over her shoulder. "We can get you something for your nose at the lair. Come on," she started jogging down the road to the lair. The others followed quickly, Mysterion picking up and carrying Butters bridal-style, much to the embarrassed complaints from Butters.

When they arrived at the lair, Mysterion got to work patching up Butters's nose and CC placed Code in a cell next to Noah. Tweek sat down at the table with a sigh. It was until he cleared his throat that they noticed him.

It was Craig.

He sat at one of the table's ends, twirling a pencil in his hand. He was noticeably tired; his eyes were bloodshot and seemingly devoid of emotion. "I was correct to assume you had the situation under control, Mysterion." His voice was dead flat.

"Yeah, I guess so. Your boyfriend could've gotten killed by this dude, as well as all of us, thanks so much for helping." Mysterion's voice dripped with sarcasm. CC rolled her eyes.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I've spent the entire morning dealing with police questioning and Noah. If I had known Tweek was in danger I would've helped. You of all people know that. Just... I'm just glad you did."

Mysterion's expression softened. "Sorry," he started. "It's been a rough morning. But anyways, did you find out anything from the police?"

"The police know fucking nothing as usual. I tried to find out about the whole police station massacre, but I got nowhere with them. All I could was try to assure them that we were not keeping a prisoner in a dead women's basement, seeing as though he had just 'vanished out of nowhere'. And now, it seems, we have two prisoners." Craig gestured at Code and Noah. His voice was still flat. He didn't even sound annoyed.

"This town really needs to find better police," Mysterion muttered, scuffing his shoe on the basement floor. Craig stood up, putting down the pencil he had been fiddling with. "So what now? Noah has been as useless as the cops, but what about TV douchebag? What's his deal?"

"He was getting info off of us or something. He fucked up my phone with some virus, but we got his. We figured we could look through it."

Butters pulled out the phone for Craig to see. "I have it right here. Your good with tech, Craig. Think you can analyze it or something?"

Craig nodded, taking the phone from Butters and sitting back down at the table. Then, he turned it on.