Chapter 1: The End of Something Great

Kennedy's P.O.V.

"Man has high school just flown by or what?" I said to my best friend Jack Gilinsky as we sat on the hood of his car looking at WestSide high from a hill right across from the school. I have spent the past 4 years of my life in this school. Making memories, building new friendships, experiencing heartbreak and everything that comes with a typical teens high school experience.

"I know it's crazy to think that just 7 years ago we were scared to take foot into a middle school...now we are graduating high school. It's mind blowing!" Jack said. He never failed to amuse me, we have been best friends since we were practically born. Our moms were best friends in high school and they wanted their kids to be the same way I guess. Who knows! It's all that crazy mom thing that the two of them got going on.

As I took in what Jack was saying I looked at my phone to see three missed calls from Sam and Jack Johnson (or JJ as we call him). I looked at the time and realized we were late for first block! "Shit Jack, we gotta go we are late for class!" I jumped off the hood of he car and ran to the passengers side of his brand new jeep. Being Jack he took his grand old time just to piss me off. But the bigger question was what am I going to tell Sam?

Sam is my wonderful boyfriend. We have been dating since junior year, so basically a year, 3 months and 7 days to be exact. I don't know how I am so on point with that all but oh well. He was the jealous type...although he was best friends with Jack, he still didn't like the idea of Jack and I hanging out all the time. Simply because Jack was known to be the "mista-steal-yo-girl" type of guy. Jack had a girlfriend for almost 3 years, he broke it off this past month because of college and everything else. Sammy was just worried that Jack would steal me away from him. Which please,would never happen because Jack and I are just best friends.