Chapter 2: Catching the Feelings...Maybe?

Jack's P.O.V.

So yeah maybe we were a little late to school. Who cares though? We are seniors, and our teachers want us gone as much as we don't want to be stuck at WestSide any longer than we have to. As I walked into my last block class I remembered that we had a marketing project due tomorrow, and Kennedy and I didn't have anything done. We spent time goofing off with the rest of our friends in the class. Shit I thought to myself, another long night, staying up late to do a pointless project for another pointless class. Although I really did like DECA it was full of fun people and field trips. I will take anything to get out of class.

As Kennedy came in the room she was with Mallory and Emily, two of our close friends. They sat down and started talking about graduation and what they were going to wear and who's house they were going to after and all the girly stuff. We guys don't care about that shit. Just wear khakis a dress shirt am a tie not that hard. And we are going to an after party with three things: beer, weed and girls. It's quite simple actually.

Another class period of being nonproductive and getting nothing done. The only reason I care about this stupid ass project is because I don't want to be stuck staying up all night finishing it. Kennedy agreed she would come over right after school and help work on it.

*6 hours later*

All Kennedy kept bitching about was Sammy. Like I don't care that he is over protective. I can't do anything about it. Finally I had enough of her shit and told her that maybe she should break up with him. I was surprise that she took it so lightly. She normally gets defensive about that stuff, but maybe finally she realized that he is a waste of her time. It never actually occurred to me until tonight how beautiful Kennedy really was, considering I got time to state while she was talking nonstop all night. Not only on the outside, I mean she was more than beautiful on the outside she was sexy! She was shorter but long legs, toned and tanned. With the butt of a volleyball player because she obviously was since she was best in the state. (I'll brag for her since she doesn't like to do it herself).And long brown hair with blue eyes that were to die for.

"Jack? Jack...are you okay? helllooooo?! Anyone there?" I heard from a distance. Then all of a sudden I feel this hand smack me on the side of the face. Thank God she brought me back to reality. If was 12:30 at night and we weren't even close to being done.

"What are we going to use as the slogan? Come on Jack don't shut down on me now I need you."

Did you head that? She needs me. Wait what am I thinking, she doesn't need me need me, that's what she has Sammy for. Well I mean probably not for long anymore anyway. But man I think it's this exhaustion that is getting to me to think something as silly as that.