19

Harry tells me that he's here, and I rush outside to see him. I get in his car and he half smiles at me.

"What's wrong?" I wonder. He looks ahead for a few minutes before sighing. Then, he looks over at me briefly.

"I still haven't quite decided how I'm going to say this, but I guess I'll just have to say it and hope that I don't embarrass myself." He starts.

"Okay." I nod, not taking my eyes off of him. A few seconds later, he decides to look at me.

"Don't get mad at me. I'm so scared that you'll get mad." He admits. I frown.

"I won't get mad." I say. "I promise."

He sighs and nods.

"I think I'm starting to fall for you, Louis. I know that we've only known each other for a few weeks, but I really feel like there's something there. Something that wasn't there when I've loved in the past." He begins.

He looks away from me for a brief moment before his eyes meet mine again.

"I don't believe in love at first sight. I never have. But the moment I saw you, something just went off inside of me. I knew I had to talk to you. I couldn't let you leave that bathroom without getting your number or even just saying hi." He adds.

I nod, unsure of what exactly he's trying to say.

"And it's just getting worse, Louis. Not in a bad way. Like, I just keep crushing on you and I feel like it's already becoming more than a crush." He states.

When he's done, I clear my throat.

"I understand completely. I feel the same way, Harry. I feel like I'm starting to get feelings for you, but I'm scared." I confess.

"Why are you scared?" He questions.

I look down at my hands. Do I want to open up to him about this? What if he reacts badly? What if it changes the way he sees me? What if it'll make him want nothing more to do with me? Finally, after weighing everything out, I decide that I do want to tell him. What's the worst that can happen?

"Well, I dated a boy named Ashton for a year and a half. I loved him so much. But, he progressively got worse as our relationship went on. He called me names, made me feel bad about myself, cheated a lot, and just manipulated me and started arguments all the time." I say. He nods.

"One day, he hit me. He had always done small things that would leave little bruises, but I never thought it was intentional. But he hit me that day. And that was the day I left." I finish.

"I can understand why you'd be scared." He tells me. I nod.

"I was so lost after that. It got really bad. I couldn't do anything. I left almost a year ago, but I've only been over him for a couple of months." I inform him.

He nods again.

"That's understandable." He comments, looking over at me softly. "Hey, don't cry."

That's when I realize that my eyes have filled with tears and that they're rolling down my cheeks. I can't help it. I'm over Ashton, but my fear of loving Harry and the story and everything have made me overly emotional.

"I'm sorry." I say. He shakes his head.

"Want to go inside?" I ask. He nods.

We go inside and he pulls me onto the couch next to him. Zayn is in the shower, which leaves Harry and I alone.

"Don't apologize for crying." He tells me, pulling me into his arms. He smells nice and he's very warm.

"I feel so bad because I'm scared of my feelings and I don't know what to do." I state. He sighs.

"I'm sorry, Louis. I wish I could change what happened. But, hey, at least it's shaped you into who you are. And you left." He says. I smile slightly.

"That's true."

He comforts me until I'm not crying anymore, which doesn't really take that long.

"I'd never do that to you, Louis. Just so you know. Seeing you hurt was pretty difficult, and I'd never, ever do that to you on purpose." He tells me. I smile at him, with stupid tingles running through my whole body.

And then, he kisses my forehead.