Chapter 13

He Killed me and I Haunt him

Chapter 13

(Tyler's POV)

The rustle of the leaves from the tops of the trees made me instinctively crouch in front of Ivy.

I already knew what it was that would come out but i wasn't ready for what i would see.

The Dark was hideous to put it lightly, its skin grey and peeling like old paint on a wall, its fingernails split like wood to the cuticles, its hair was straggly with clumps of mud and dead leaves in it, its eyes were black with yellow cat like pupils.

It was a monster.

Taylor was about to scream but i covered her mouth before she could.

The Dark smiled at Taylor before jumping from its pouncing position in front of the bushes.

I also jumped, and slammed my body against the Dark.

My body weight took us behind the bushes as we started attacking each other.

I pinned the Dark to the ground and punched it repeatedly in the face.

It smiled slyly with a rotting grin before clubbing my side with its fist.

I get thrown aside while the Dark stands up silently.

The Dark walks over to me and stares down with soulless eyes.

It raises it's hand to strike when Shan jumps on it's back and wrenches it to the ground.

I take this chance to shift.

Shan and the Dark are now circling each other, then Shan lunged and clawed the Dark's arm.

Black blood oozed from its limb, but it didn't even seem fazed by it.

The Dark blankly stared at Shan before catching him by surprise.

It picked by Shan by his collar and slammed him against a tree.

I ran and bit the Dark's arm and tore it off.

A bloodcurdling scream filled the air as it ran into the forest, holding its bloody stump.

I shift back and see Shan laying on the ground, barely breathing.

We should probably get help.

Taylor sprints over to us and try's to put her hand on his chest, but it just slips through him.

She takes it back and takes a deep breathe before trying again.

I watch as her hand starts to glow a bright blue.

Her hand is laying on his chest for 30 seconds before he starts breathing again.

She jerks her hand away, staring at it as it dims back down to a shimmer.

After taking a few minutes to collect our thoughts we start back up on our way to Minnesota but not before grabbing things for the trip there.

Both I and Shan would both need our own necessities.

On the top of that list was money and passports, just in case.