The Danjumas

It was a cold and dry Monday morning. As usual, my phone alarm would not stop frustrating my ears. I suddenly stood up to the sound of plates, at that time I already knew that Rophiat, our house help had started making our breakfast . A clean well ironed school uniform came up to me, in it was my sister. She was a tall dark skinned girl with blonde hair. I know you are wondering now, she was wearing a wig for her final year photo shoot . Don't be scared!
"How far?"
"Leave me please!"
I was still mad at her for telling my dad not to get me the iPhone X saying it would distract me. Yes, my family is rich! My dad house outside Nigeria is worth 14million dollars and the one we are living in is worth about 1million dollars. We have a Tesla and three Range Rover sport! I am not bragging ! But let me shine first. I even have a Lamborghini, not me but my elder brother in the United Kingdom.
'It seems like you guys don't want to go to school, abi!' It was my mom
'I am coming, ah!' I yelled, I bet she did not hear the "ah" part. She would have probably come to the room, and hit my face real hard.
As I went downstairs with my short skirt swinging to the dancing of my hips and my tie married to my chest. I was stopped by a thunderous voice.
    "You are not following me to school with that skirt like that of a slut!" It was my dad
    I did not hear all other part except the "slut" part.
       "Whatever" I said , no one really gave my dad his respect because he was getting old and if he promised to whoop your ass, he won't in a million years .
      "Listen to your father,Ah!"my mom screamed from her room upstairs
       "Of course, definitely!" I said sarcastically as I shrugged off a pack of frosted flakes from the table.

As I ate my breakfast,my dad and mom kept on arguing  about my mom's makeup.
     "I said, it is too much!" My dad said as he crossed his leg on the glass table in the living room
       " Eh! It is not much o and FYI(for your information) that is what is trending now" My mom yelled back at my dad
      "Trending kini? Trending ni masquerade! So applying black on your eyelid is trending! You better not put the trash pancake on your face on Sunday" said my dad
      " It is called Smokey eyes, ah which kind of man are you? Please tell me! You don't know anything, we are in the 21st century, please" she said as she sat down looking ready to win the argument
       Yes. I love my mom and everyone says ,I am lucky to have a mom that is fashionable and is not still living in the 90s . I am not saying I don't like my dad. I do but errrrr, he is too old school.
       "Herrhem"
This caught their attention but the look on their faces was not good enough to ask my question.
      "Yes. what?" My dad asked with a big frown
"Umm.....you know, First day of school! I am running late!"
      " I can not take you anymore! Tell Francis to take you!"
        "Francis?!" My sister and I both yelled at the same time
       Relax, let me gist you about Francis, he talks too much and him taking us to school takes like forever. Anytime we call him Mr Francis, he tells us to call him Monsieur Francis. That is not even our problem with him, he lies too much. He told us he is from France and my dad told us that he is actually from Oshodi Lagos. Obviously, he is lucky to be from Oshodi because he looks nothing more than someone from Libya. I am not saying he is a slave! Now,look at the reason why we did not like him !
     "Jade! Jade! Caroline, my baby"
Wow! I forgot to introduce myself, laugh out loud. My name is Jade Danjuma and Caroline is my sister if you are wondering.
    "Who is your baby?" Caroline snapped
     "Na you now! Abeg don't fall my hand now."
"Ok then,school?" I asked rhetorically
     "que voulez-vous dire l'école" he said walking to the gate
     "Monsieur Francis, you know I don't speak French right" I said immediately
      "Anyways dad said you should take us to school!" Caroline said resting her back on the Range Rover sports
        "Ok my children"
As we went on our way to school, he started by complaining about the road, then the mud then the unpainted walls.
     "You want make I tell you wetin happen for my winter trip pto California around March "
       " No!" Caroline said immediately like she was afraid that a second would pass.
     "Indeed, winter in California! I see" I murmured
   But I trust Caroline, my sassy older sister, she would definitely say something.
    "Wait! Monsieur! March ? What the hell are saying please! You don't even have a visa that permits you to use your senses talk less of California! For your information Jade was born in California and she can testify that you are saying complete nonsense!"
      Maybe that was too rude for her to say but he never said anything. That is the only thing we liked about him. He never gets angry easily and I have never seen him angry maybe because of his job. We have not found out yet

Now, I was standing in front of Atlantic High It was my first year in high school although Atlantic High starts from kindergartens to grade 12. Of course, I was not shy and I had so many friends. Who doesn't want to hang out with a US returnee and a person whose father's net worth is about a billion dollars?
"Hey Bish!" It was my bestie
"Helen! How was your summer?" I screamed running from the gate of the school
" hahaha......summer sucks! I had to go on Disney cruise again. My dad hates Jamaica, so we could not go." She said smiling
My best friend had the best smile in the whole world. Not only that, she had "that"body shape. I am not surprised her mom owns a big gymnasium and fitness centre.
" Helen, your summer sucked? What of mine! We went to the Uk again! I don't see anything fun there!"
We both laughed at our summer experience as we walked down to the school assembly.

********************************************
I am Bernice and welcome to my imaginative world. All you are reading is just my imagination and I have never experienced it.
      be free to ask questions about anything confusing and if you think you are confused....hit the comment section
     I am aware I made lots of mistakes in my punctuations and e.t.c but I will surely correct it
    WELCOME TO MY WORLD ❤️