No work day

Mr Alao a.k.a Mr pot belly walked into the class with his usual frown on his face.
" I don't have my No work day forms signed? Go to the office!"
I had my own forms signed and if you want to know, everyone was surprised because I never turned forms in early in grade 9. I loved No Work Day, it always happened around the third week of a new school year! It was always fun for everyone except the nerdy groups.
It was all about going outside, we had a 50m pool in our school. We had no dress coding on that day, so people would wear whatever would impress their crush. Although, the teachers especially Mrs Davis was burning with anger because she was the dress coding woman.
"Your skirt is 1cm above your knee! Your tie is supposed to be 7cm from your skirt. You socks should be 12inches long!"
It was my day to shine even though everyone already knew that my parents were mega rich. I would wear my most expensive swim suit to impress the whole school and people would always comment on it.
" hey Jade, how ya doing" It was Deola, the school most popular flirt with a very disgusting body shape. I detested her so much that in Grade 7, she was my valentine and I was sick for a week.
"As you can see, she is doing fine like a rich person should!" Helen answered quickly
Maybe I didn't tell you about Helen, she was that sassy girl in school that teachers even feared to say things to . She would rather indirectly insult them on their horrible English or their style of dressing.
"Well, well ..... well. I was not talking to you obviously;I was talking to Jade. Smart ass!"
"First! you don't use "Obviously"last in a sentence and I won't waste my expensive body s in you. Take care!"
I just stood there like a dummy trying to understand the reason why they were arguing.
"Hey Jade! Mr Alanna asked me to give you your Afro dance club form" it was Hyacinth
Hyacinth is my male bestie and the reason why Deola hated me. I don't know why it is so hard for her to understand that he is just my best friend.
"Oh .. thanks, Hyacinth!"
Hyacinth was reserved and quiet. Although,he was very smart and I must admit he was the most handsome boy in our school. Lucky me, he was my bestie and he was a every girl's dream. I don't like him. Don't get me wrong!
"Don't forget, tomorrow is no work day and the following students should stay back, Deola And Fimidara!
I was very happy! I would wear my best swimsuit and my new too faced eye palette. I want him to see me. I really did and maybe he never noticed me! I am not sure.
"Do you know why Deola and Fimidara are in trouble? Marijuana was found in their locker!"
"Helen ..... how did you know?"
"Forget that one! Why do you think I am in press club?"
"Yes."
"Jade? What is wrong? Who are you staring at"
She traced her my eyes and finally found a melanin colour
"No..... Jade, I thought you said you were over him!"
    "You know what? Forget it!"
"Ok, can you come to my house to pick my outfit for tomorrow?"
   "I would love to,but my mom is going to Dubai today and I want to escort her to the airport." I said
   "Anything for you! Safe journey for your mom."
   "Bye! See you tomorrow."

The day had come and at least he would see me;he would then know I exist.
     "Heya, how are you?"it was him
"Hey B...I mean Bolu! Ummm, I mean I am fine, like great,ummm ,you?"
      "Are you okey,Jade"
"Yes!"i said walking away feeling embarrassed
       "What just happened?" He said
      Everyone was wearing their swimsuit and I got complements from almost everyone except miss Davis.
     "You look great!"
"Awww. Thanks Hyacinth!"
  "I am actually not kidding,you look so good"
"Ummm....I do? Thanks."
"There is something I need to tell you,Jade"
     It was at that time that Bolu came close to me and said he wanted to go for a walk with me
     "Umm...maybe later Hyacinth" I said as my hands were being dragged away by Bolu
      "Why is he talking to me? Am I looking so good? Does he like me already? Why is he dragging me away from my best friend? Maybe it is love at first sight!" All this thought raged through my mind and I was interrupted by a loud cough by Bolu
     "So,you said your dad owns that oil company?"
     "Ummm.....yes! He- umm, like he owns it!" I stammered quickly to hide my nervousness.
     "Ok, barbecue party at my place? 8:00pm prompt,no African time." He said throwing a ball back into the pool.
   "Umm....sure,bring a friend?"
"No! Never! just you? I am sorry but please just don't bring anyone!"
   "Ok fine! I won't,see you love"
"What did you say?" He said turning back
    "Umm, I said see you later, like I would see you soon."
     I was jumping with excitement as I approached the diving board.
   " he noticed me!" I screamed
Then I realized everyone was looking at me wanting to know why I said that. 
    "Don't worry people,I meant Jesus noticed me. You know?"
They all looked at me confused.
  "Ok guys!" I said trying to be Jade again
   I jumped down into pool smiling, now I was happy that my first no work day was the best day of my life.