Audio Scandal

I was so embarrassed to go to school the next day and even being in the same class with Bolu made it worse.
      No one was talking to me. Maybe Bolu told all of them that I rejected his dirty and inappropriate offer. It was not even an offer!
      "Slut!"James said as he walked past me with other boys laughing.
      I could not take that. No one has ever called me that.
     "Who the hell are you to say that to me?" I said as I dragged his ear back into the class
     "Umm, I guess I am James! Have you not heard? I am not trying to be bad!" James said walking out on me.
       What was happening? Who saw me and Bolu last night? Bala? Deola? No it can't be Deola, I did not even see her yesterday. Wait! It can be Deola, she once snitched on me in grade 5 and she was not even there.
         "Jade, what is happening? I heard people talking about Bolu and You sitting on a tree" Deola said as she laughed with her stupid best friend, Fimidara.
         I burst into tears. What did I ever do to Deola to deserve this? Oh, I once broke her pencil in grade 1, but that was almost a decade ago. Why did she hate me so much? I mean, I hate her too but not to the extent of snitching on her!
"Jade, have you not heard?" Helen came running up to me
"What happened? Did the school get bombed or something?" I said sarcastically
"Jade?"
"Fine! What happened?"
"I managed to get it from Lora, she said she got it from Deola"
"What is that?"
When I heard Deola name, I started to freak out.
"One audio stuff about you. I mean I have not listened to it yet!"
She played it from her phone and I could hear inappropriate things being said.
"That is my voice! But I did not say it." I burst into tears again
"You must trust me! Tell me, did you say all that? Besides I heard this clip has been translated into 3more foreign languages for Lebanese students too."
"No! I promise you that I did not say such thing. I did not say all those things!"
"I told you! I told you to get over that fuckboy already but, guess what. His eyes are too cute too look over."
"Helen? Please don't say anything about that retarded dimwit! Don't make my life more miserable than it already is"
"I would advice you to talk to your mom about it. I mean, she probably had gone through all those stuffs and talk to Hyacinth about it. As a guy, he will shield you and he will try to convince his friends that you did not say that!" She said
The school bell rang for lunch. What I had in mind was to go to Hyacinth and explain to him what happened.
Hyacinth was always in the library at lunch, it was the perfect spot to tell him. Stupid kids and irrelevant kids who gossip around never go to library so no one would laugh at me there.
"Hey Hyacinth! I need to Tell you something urgently." I said sitting next to him
He stood up and went to the next table.
"Hyacinth, I am talking to you. Don't act like you did not hear me!"
"Oh, now you are in trouble and you want to talk. When I wanted to talk, you let that , I rather not say of a person drag you away!"
"Hyacinth? Is this you? I mean, well I came to tell you about Bolu and Deola, there is this audio clip going around the school and—
"And what? Slut? Bitch? All I wanted to tell you was I have a girlfriend now. And I don't need you to be my bestie anymore. I hate you so much. Go away and have more of what that idiot already gave you"
"Hyacinth! Shut up! Don't say that to me. Do you want me to kill my self or what? You can not say I cannot be your best friend anymore. And Bolu and I did not have anything"
"Who are you to tell me that I can not quit calling an asshole my best friend? You and Bolu did not have anything? So what explains the inappropriate conversation in the audio clip"
"Go to hell. Son of a bitch!"
I walked away after the librarian came to warn us. I could not believe my ears, my eyes and everything I had. What did I ever do to Hyacinth? he should have trusted me! I loved Hyacinth, he knew it. He had been my best friend even before I met Helen. So because of something I did not even do. It was over. I was sure, I did not want anything to do with Hyacinth again.

As I got home , everyone knew something was wrong. Caroline did not go to school. Helen said I should tell my mom about it but that was not in my mind. I walked straight to my room. It was unusual and strange because I am talkative and when I came back from school, I usually tell my parents all that happened.
     Later that evening, there was a knock on my door.
     "Who is that?" Surprisingly I was still crying
"Can I come in?" It was my mum
     She did not wait for a reply but she came in politely.
     "Tell your mum! What happened to you my sweetheart? I know what can comfort you and you know. Now tell me what happened!"
       I explained everything to her exactly how it happened. We laughed at some and we were quiet for the awkward ones.
        "Mmhnm, you have seen nothing yet. I promise you! When I was in ss1 I did not know your father. Now you guys called it grade 10, I had a best friend, I think his name is Sean. He was troublesome unlike Hyacinth but whenever he saw me with another boy, he will always be angry."
   She continued her story for five more minutes.
       "Mum, I am so done with Hyacinth! In the whole school, Helen is still the only one who stood by me!" 
      "Alright! If I don't see changes, I would transfer to that British school in Lekki and one more thing, challenge that Deola of a girl."
    "Thanks mum! I love you mum." I hugged her tightly, I would miss Helen but my emotional status mattered the most.
     After that  my mum took me and my sister  to a restaurant, just to get all that happened off my mind.
I was sure, Hyacinth was no more on my mind!