I Will Never, Ever Leave You

Evan felt so numb.

He had spent almost twelve hours by Connor's dead body, kissing him and sobbing and clutching his cold, stiff body and braiding his hair and wishing that it was a dream.

But Evan couldn't stay separated from Connor any longer.

He was in his room, pills all over his floor and a small bottle of bleach.

He had never been more ready for anything in his whole life.

He had woken up that morning crying because of this horrible nightmare that he had, because it was all just a dream, right? So he had reached over for Connor and found nothing and then he remembered that it was real.

Evan picked up a heap of pills and the bleach. 

Always needed something to wash down the pills, Evan thought. Just a spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down.

Right?

Evan pushed away all his doubts. He could do this. He would be with Connor forever.

Then he heard his lover's voice.

"Evan, please don't."

Evan turned to see Connor. A ghost Connor crying but smiling and holding out a hand.

Evan ran at Connor, sobbing.

"Connor! CONNOR! I need to be with you."

"You can be, without dying."

"No, I want to be whatever you are."

"You will be."

"W-w-what?"

"If you can save my body, I can possess it. But you have to hurry. I only have an hour and a half to find it. You need to bring the body to the hospital now. Now, Evan Hansen, if you want to see me again."

Evan had the body in the hospital by the time 46 minutes had passed.

Connor prepared himself. His body was all cleaned and bandaged and everything was ready. Evan had explained in a matter of seconds, and somehow they believed it...

...probably because one of the doctors had had this happen to his mother before.

He was ready to hold Evan.

He was ready to see colors and feel things and not be cold.

He dove straight at his chest.

Connor opened his eyes a few moments later.

Evan was smiling and kissing him and crying.

"God," Connor commented. "My hands sure feel stiff. Rigor mortis is fucking shit, in my opinion."

You are welcome my dudes for saving him and not leaving you hanging.

You are welcome.

At least Connor's okay ;) and so are your hearts.