Ch. 1 Part 6: Evolution

I stretched over my mate and engulfed its body.

Eh? My mate does not have a magic nucleus. Neither a slime or a magical creature...could it be one of the seven great races!

Oh dear, my mate is so excited, it's flinging its limbs up and down. I understand your excitement, but you could break through my body.

Oh I know, let's absorb the moisture from the grass and leaves nearby. I hope you pardon my lack of preparation, my wonderful mate. I didn't expect you to be so large...I have to stock up on nutrients while forming our egg.

"Nurunuru..."

As the slime gathered moisture and nutrients from its surroundings, the nearby plants withered at a rate visible to the eye. The bark of trees split open and dried leaves rained down.

... ...

I felt a different sense of vigour, a different sense of being, that I've ever had in the past. Is this blood? I feel a rhythmic pumping and coursing through my veins and a thumping object in the centre of my body. This must be the so-called heart? The members of the seven great races all have this organ called the heart. Then this means I have humanised? But I seem to feel that my body is not confined to its current shape.

Crack...

How bright. Is this vision? It seems I have evolved into a humanoid state.

Oh, my mate!! How small...she seemed to be five times my size before my rebirth, but now her limbs are so slender and delicate. I smell traces of magic from her, wait, it appears she seems to have gained something similar to a magic nucleus over her cardiovascular system. I smelt traces of magic from her before, but her abilities may have evolved after our rebirth.

So I'm married to a human magician. How wonderful.