Lesson 5. ways to say thank you and i'm sorry

when it comes to korean there are many ways to say thank you. 

koreans are raised to speak formally to their parents and elders and informal with their friends. 

this part does confuse a lot of people. in the last lesson remember how i explained sorry and why it's different for parents compared to friends. this is basically the same thing. 

The most commonly used for saying thank you is 감사합니다 (gam-sa-hab-ni-da). So if your working really hard and your coworker lets say your boss brings you coffee you say  감사합니다. 

when you are talking to your friends usually they say 고마워요 (ga-ma-wo-yo).or  고마워 (ga-ma-wo). 

When learning korean it is important to learn the formal and informal terms because if your informa to your elders its known as disrespect and they will be really angry with you. This is the only hard thing about korean. 

Im Sorry : 

ok so when saying im sorry there are many ways to say it. 

formal: 

죄송합니다 (joe-song-hab-ni-da) or 죄송해요 ( joe-song-hae-yo) 

this is important what i'm about to tell you will help you understand what is going on with this 

  you say"죄송합니다" (joesonghabnida) when you make a mistake to your parents or the first person you see. for example if you make your parents mad you say "죄송합니다" or "죄송해요"  

for most adults, 해요 (hae-yo) or 합니다 (hab0-ni-da). in korea they say a lot like this, for example "감사합니다, 축하해요" (gam-sa-hab-ni-da,chu-ha-hae-yo) meaning  "thank you, congratulations" 

informal :

미안 (mi-an) or 미안해 (mi-an-hae) 

explanation again,  죄송합니다 (ps some times i'll use korean with what i'm saying to get y'all and myself used to reading hungul) 

with friends usually they aren't formal, actually that depends on what you and your friend decide to use formal or informal. 

usually they use, 해 (hae) or 하자 (ha-ja)

for example "생일 축하해, 영화보자" (saeng-il chug-ha-hae,  yeong-hwa-bo-ja) meaning "happy birthday, let's watch a movie"

so "미안해요" (mi-an-hae-yo) is both formal and informal but mainly people use it when talking with friends. 

ok so to people who are going to get hello talk, my name is Gucci Queen Af. 

if you get hello talk i can tell you how to pronounce words through recording. as i said earlier it is safe. the people who made it made it really safe for reasons. 

also the app is fun. i've made many friends on the app and i've only been on it for a week. i have 40+ followers and talk to most of them everyday not important but whatever. i hope you guys like these lessons. 

HW time yay 

again we will do fill in the blanks. please use korean characters if you are using a laptop go to keyboard settings and add the korean keyboard along with cellphones and tablets. this will help you learn the language better.

for some of this use english cause i haven't taught you some of what goes into a normal conversation so do use english with it. \

words used (out of order) 안녕히가세요 , 나는괜찮아 (meaning im fine), 잘지내, 안녕하세요, 별말씀을요, 괜찮아(its ok) . 

천사: 안녕하세요 

you: (#1)

천사: 잘지내?? 

you: (#2) 

천사: ㅋㅋㅋ 별말씀을요. 

천사:나는 괜찮아(means i'm ok, next lesson i'll teach this) , 감사합니다.

you;(#3) (hint she has sent this term to you) 

*she leaves you on read for 3 hours*

천사: 죄송합니다 :( 

you: (#4) 

천사: 안녕히가세요. 

you: (#5) 

ok so i'm sorry i had to add terms y'all don't know yet,   죄송합니다. also if it seems like im fluent in korean im not i just want to make this clear im actually learning more since i started this. 

how is it going guys. am i explaining it enough. please let me know.