Search For Silver

Twelve stars surrounded Lucy in the night sky. Her hands were held out as if they were bond and her legs were cross. She lifted her head as if there was someone there. Her eyes were pleading. “Please don’t do this.”

                “Don’t worry, this is all necessary,” a voice called out of the sky. “This is what is needed for the dragons’ revival.”

                “No, stop!!!” The twelve stars grew bright enveloping Lucy in their light. Lucy screamed at the top of her lungs.

*

                Lucy sat up in the bed, catching her breath after waking up from her nightmare. After a few seconds she recovered. Her eyes settled and her eyelids lowered halfway. “Back then…” She cut herself off when she heard the mumbles of a male’s voice.

                She looked over to the other side of the bed to see Laxus fast asleep. He was still saying lewd things about her in his sleep again. The guy was a real pig and she honestly didn’t understand where he could have got it from. Maybe his father?

                She was just about ready to hit him and wake him up when she realized something. It was her chance to get away from the dragon. She wasn’t sure how strong he was the only thing she knew about his magical abilities was that he used lightning and he could get across distances fast with it.

                She needed to put as much distance as she could before he woke up. Then he wouldn’t be able to track her. She could find a way back to the Celestial world and enjoy the last months in her life there. It would work, it had to work.

                The celestial maiden slipped out of the bed as quietly as she could. She grabbed the bag that had her stuff already packed in it as they were preparing to leave the town tomorrow. She placed it over one shoulder and snuck to the front door, stepping out.

                Laxus opened one eye as heard the door shut.

*

                Lucy ran through the empty streets of the town as fast as she could. A bolt of lightning flashed across the clear night sky. Lucy ignored it, trying to focus on her running.

                A pair of feet stepped in front of her, blocking her path.

                Lucy stopped abruptly. Laxus stood in front of her with a serious look in his eyes. “Where do you think you’re going, Blondie?”

                “Damn it, I won’t be eaten.” Lucy tossed her bag off of her shoulder. “Virgo,” she spoke. She glowed and became a maid with chains. She swung her arms forward, expanding her chains out that wrapped them around Laxus’ body.

                She then slammed her hands down on the ground. “Spica-” The maiden didn’t get to finish her spell.

                Sparks of lightning shot out of his body that traveled down the chains, striking Lucy in all their furry and breaking the chains off of the ex Fairy Tail wizard. The girl returned to normal and collapsed unconscious.

                “Shit.” He didn’t mean to use that much power he just didn’t want to get caught up in her spell. Unfortunately the chains had acted as lightning rod that sent all of his lightning magic right at the poor girl.  Still he didn’t expect her to the fall unconscious like that, maybe be stun, but not that.

                Laxus ran over to the girl to check on her. He saw that she was still breathing, but her magical energy was dangerously low. He then remembered her telling him after her battle with the dark guild that her body and magic wasn’t use to being in the human world for very long. She would probably grow stronger once she spent more time here, it had only been over twenty four hours since she landed and force to stay on earthland.