First Mission

Since Laxus’ excommunication from Fairy Tail it wasn’t easy for him to simply find a mission. When he simply asked around most wondered why he wasn’t part of a guild as they got all of the requests. Laxus may have lost the right to be a part of Fairy Tail, but he certainly didn’t feel right just joining another guild.

                After awhile it seemed like it might be hopeless to find work and he and Lucy would have to find another way to earn cash through simpler jobs like regular people until a person finally recognized his name as one of the strong wizards formally from Fairy Tail.

                The two were brought to the mayor’s office. They sat across from the jolly looking man with both of them hoping they had finally found a break, Lucy for the sake of getting the needed keys to open up her gate and Laxus so he could keep his promise to the maiden. Laxus shifted in his chair impatient for one of the few first times in his life.

                “Thank you for coming,” the mayor said. “Recently the forest near our village has been overwhelmed by Wyverns. We’ve been constantly worry they may attack our town any day now and sent formal request to several guilds, but if you’re willing to take on the job than I’m more than happy to give it to you.”

                Laxus nodded. “So how many have been spotted?”

                “Five to six at a time,” the mayor stated. “But we believe there could be up to ten of them in total.”

                Laxus’ eyes opened wide slightly. “That many?”

                “I know it’s a lot to ask for just two wizards,” the mayor said. “And I understand if you reject the job, but we are desperate and willing to pay you 100,000 Jewel for the job.”

                “That isn’t a whole for such power monsters,” Laxus stated.

                The mayor looked down heartbroken. “I know, but it’s all we can afford. That’s probably why none of the guilds will take the request.”

                “I’ll take the job,” Lucy said.

                Laxus looked over at his partner. “Wyverns are powerful creatures, Blondie. They’re not some pushovers. They even have faces of dragons.” He knew how fearful of dragons she was so the job didn’t seem worth it, especially for so little pay.

                Lucy placed her hands in her lap. “As long as they aren’t actually dragons I don’t care. I need the money and I’ll use every ouch of my power to defeat them if that’s what it takes.”

                Laxus sighed. There is no way in hell he was going to let her do that alone. The money may have not been worth it, but she certainly was. “Fine, we’ll take the job.”

                The mayor looked up at the two. “Really? Oh, thank you so much.” The man then looked at Laxus for a moment then settled back into his seat. “If you don’t mind me asking what happened to your team the Thunder Legion?”

                Laxus lowered his head and shut his eyes. “I’m no longer working with them.” Apparently the guy didn’t get the news that he was kicked out of Fairy Tail. “We’ll be back as soon as we’re finish with the mission.”

                Laxus stood up and left. Lucy stood up and gave the man a slight bow in respect. “Thank you for this chance.” She then followed Laxus out and closed the door behind her.