Try

“My inner dragon?” Laxus raised his eyebrow. “What are you talking about, Blondie?”

                Lucy shut her eyes. “I told you its Lucy and you’re not in the position to be calling anyone Blondie, Blondie.”

                Laxus went down on one knee, ignoring the intense pain he was feeling. He placed his hand down on his other knee and looked straight at Lucy as she opened her big brown eyes. “Forget about that. This inner dragon you were talking about. What is it?”

                “The spell I cast on you awaken your true inner power,” Lucy started to explain. “Spells you never realized you had and extra stores of magical powers will come out more and more until you reach your true power as a dragon slayer.”

                Laxus’ shoulders lowered. He looked at the celestial maiden in utter shock. “Seriously?”

                Lucy gave him a nod.

                Laxus still couldn’t believe it. He looked down at his hands, remembering the different spells he had cast and according to his new partner it was only the beginning. He then looked around the area, spotting a few of the fallen Wyverns that fell to his and Lucy’s power before he focused back on the maiden. “Let’s get back to the town. We can pick up our reward and get some rest.”

                Lucy partly opened her eyes that revealed her sadness. “Ok.”

*

                Lucy had a new sliver key in her hand that shined in the sunlight. She admired it for a second before she sighed while she stood in the middle of a street in town. When all things were set in done she had only enough money to buy one new key.

                Lucy only got half of the reward since Laxus said she owed him. Which was true, he allowed her to borrow money earlier to get Crux’s key and on top of that she only took down four of the ten Wyverns they were fighting although she released his inner powers to take out the rest. On top of that there were their hospital bills after getting back to town. Laxus was nice enough to pay for hers out of his side of the reward so that still left her with her 50,000 jewels.

                When she went to one of the magic shops she had already gone to the keys she planned on getting. The only problem was they both cost what she made which she found partly strange since when she came in with Laxus earlier it was half that, but the woman insisted it was the right place so Lucy brought it, taking it brought her one step closer to her goal of going home.

                “So you got your key.”

                Lucy looked up to see a bandage up Laxus stand before. She knew he had taken the brunt of several attacks by the Wyvern, but she still didn’t expect his entire torso up to be bandaged up. She blushed realizing he only had his coat draped over his shoulders and no shirt on. She quickly looked away from him.

                Laxus raised his eyebrow. “What’s the matter, Blondie?”

                “It’s Lucy,” the maiden muttered. “And shouldn’t you use some of that money you earned to buy a shirt.”

                Laxus had an amuse expression on his face as he folded his arms across his chest. “These bandages will do just fine. Unless my sexy little maiden here has a problem with it? It certainly didn’t seem that way earlier.”

                Lucy shut her eyes annoyed. “You should have some respect.” She turned her head in his direction again and glared straight at his smug face. “Do you know what maiden even means?”