The Maiden and the Stars

Laxus stood in the middle of the Era. He looked around to see that he was completely surrounded by the rune knights. He had just left the hospital when the alarm for his arrest went out. He thought he could easily outrun the knights, but they had swarmed him in no time and with him still injured he wasn’t moving as fast as he usually would.

                He clenched his teeth, looking at the situation he was in.

                Lahar came up to the group that surrounded the lightning wizard. “Laxus Dreyar, you are to come with us.”

                Laxus glared at the man. “I don’t have time for your stupid questions.” He quickly engulfed himself in lightning and zapped himself away before anyone could react. The dragon slayer then landed in the forest closet to Era not able to go any further in his current condition.

                The blond grabbed a hold of his side as he stumbled back into a tree behind him. He let out a low grunt. He bit down on his teeth again and shut his eyes. “Damn it.” He dropped down on his butt and allowed himself to rest.

                He needed to find Lucy soon, but he knew he was no good to her this way. He let his body recover a little more and then find his lovely little maiden. With that thought in mind he drifted off to sleep that morning.

*

                Lucy had picked up her pack after Gray had finally found his belongings in the forest and placed them over his shoulder. “So should we find the closet town and take the town.”

                “About that…,” Gray scratched the back of his head, shifting his eyes to the side. “During my last job I was suppose to take down these punks. I did however I ended up managing to damage the tracks and a few trains that’s why I’m walking back to the guild.”

                “You destroyed train tracks and trains?” Lucy questioned. “Isn’t that going overboard?”

                Gray laughed nervously while he rubbed the back of his head. “Yeah, I guess you could say that.”

                “Well, at least I know you are powerful if I need any help,” Lucy responded.

                Gray opened one eye and smiled at his new travel companion. “Yeah, you can count on me. I’ll defiantly keep you safe.”

                Lucy giggled. “So let’s get going.” Lucy took off back toward the lake where they first met with Gray quickly following after her.

*

                The sound of heavy feet stomping awaken the sleeping dragon slayer. His eyes slowly came into focus on the trees in front of him. Before he even managed to stand he was surrounded by the rune knights’ magic core.

                Laxus only had enough time to see them slam down their staff before he was caught in a magic circle and he was cut off from his magic. He dropped down on one knee, glaring up at the knights that were directly in front of him.

                Lahar moved through the knights and stood in front of Laxus. “We’ve told you before we have some questions to ask before you are allowed to go anywhere.” The man glared down at Laxus as intensely as Laxus glared at them.

                Laxus lowly growled; he bit down on his teeth. “Then hurry up and ask already. I have places I’ve got to be.”