The Split

An explosion went off in the middle of the forest.

                Lightning shot out of smoke and zapped onto a tree branch. Laxus had transformed back into his human form, holding Lucy in bridal style in his arms. The lightning wizard looked down to where they just were to see what the hooded freaks that just attacked them were going to do next.

                Lucy on the other hand was focused on something else. She felt her cheeks going red as her body was pressed against the dragon slayer. She placed her loose fist on top of her chest. She felt herself getting hotter with embarrassment.

                “Who the hell are these guys?” Laxus questioned.

                Lucy ignored his question, struggling to get out of the man’s arms. “I don’t know. Just let me go!”

                Laxus tried to hold onto the blond maiden, but was quickly losing his balance in the tree. “Hold it, Blondie.”

                “No.” Lucy fell out of his arms and was on her way to dropping onto the ground. She screamed.

                Laxus grabbed her hand as she extended it out. “Would you calm down? I’m just trying to make sure you’re safe.”

                “No one can save her now,” a voice came out of the thinning smoke. The two blondes looked over at the smoke to see the five hooded men. “You are coming with us, Celestial Maiden.” Each of the men raised a single hand with large purple magic circle appearing in front of them.

                Laxus gritted his teeth. “Time to go.”

                Lucy stuck her free hand out toward the group that was casting a spell. “Let the star above them fall.” A golden magic circle with a star inside of it appeared in front of her hand. “Falling Hope!” Five beams of light came out of the night sky and struck the group that ended their spell.

                “What type of spell is that?” Laxus questioned.

                “Tornado Twister!” A cyclone shot through the dust off the ground, striking Laxus right in the chest that sent Laxus flying through the air and dropping Lucy. Laxus went crashing through several trees with a scream, feeling some of his earlier wounds reopen.

                “Virgo.” Lucy had taken on the form of the maiden spirit, flipping herself perfectly safe onto the ground. She looked deep into the forest. “Laxus!” She turned back into her normal form as the five wizards came out of the holes she putted them in.

                She held out her hands with a magic circle, appearing in front of her. “Starry Constellation!” A sphere of the eighty-eight constellations formed around the five wizards, trapping them inside of it. Lucy then headed into the forest to find her partner.

                Laxus sat up with his hand rested on top of his head and one eye closed. He clenched his teeth. The man was up against several branches he had crashed through. “Urgh, I can’t believe I fell for such a cheap shot.” The sound of his name being called got his attention and he looked around. “Blondie?”

                The lightning wizard stood up and quickly putted his dragon senses to work. His ears instantly picked up where the maiden was coming from. He headed in her direction, ignoring the slight discomfort from his reopened wounds.

                Through the darkness Laxus caught sight as Lucy made her way through the trees, continuing to call out his names. He smirked to himself. Too bad for him she wasn’t calling out his name the way he wanted to, but then again they weren’t exactly in that sort of situation right now.