Chapter 7 - Blaire

Chapter 7 - Blaire

“Stop splashing me Blaire!” Spencer snaps, slashing me back.

“Stop splashing Me Spencer!” I retort.

He growls. “God you’re annoying!”

“I’m not the one who threw me into a freaking Duck pond!”

He pokes his tongue out at me before stalking out of the staff toilets. I follow in a huff, my clothes still sopping wet.

“You guys took a long time!” Marcus shouts at us.

“NOT my fault, Blaire thought it was fun to keep splashing me with water so I never got dry...” Spencer sighs before turning to me with a lare. I frown and hiss Generator in his direction. The look of anger that comes across his face makes me happy.

“Woah Spencer, you okay?” Anna asks. She walks over and gently pushes Spencer away.

I catch her wink at Marcus and point over to me. I almost laugh at Marcus’s scared face but I’m too pissed off.

“Hey Blaire! Let’s serve the customers while Anna sorts Spencer out, Okay?” Marcus says to me.

I sigh. “Fine.” Then I wander over to him and start making myself a Peppermint Hot chocolate. My go to drink when I was mad, sad, happy or pretty much any mood actually. Then my mind wanders to the source of my bad mood and my hands start to shake.

“Woah, Woah! I’ll do that!” Marcus butts in taking the mug from my shaking grasp.

“Sorry, I just...” I sigh and my shoulder sag in defeat.

“Don’t worry about it. Here have a cookie!” Marcus smiles, handing me one of his homemade chocolate chip cookies. I had seen him making them earlier.

I take his cookie and mumble a, “Thanks,” as I watch him finish my hot chocolate.

“Is there something you want to talk about?” Marcus asks, signalling for Kenna and Leo to cover for him and me.

I pause. “Marcus, how does Anna do it?” Marcus looks at me confused. “Do what?”

“Put up with Spencer!”

Marcus thinks about this for a while. “Well they’ve known each other awfully since they were born, so I guess it just comes naturally to her.”

I sigh. “Lucky.”

"Maybe you should try and spend more time with him? It's his - and Anna's - birthday in 2 weeks, maybe you could try and do something for that?" Marcus suggests.

"But Kenna and Leo have planned a party..."

"Anna probably won't want to go and I don't think Spencer will either."

I look up at him, "So we could do something as a group instead?"

"Maybe. Or you two could do something together?"

I grimace. "No way! I'd rather go as a group, thanks."

Marcus grins, "Fine. Where exactly should we plan to go?"

"No idea..."

"Anna's mum owns a restaurant...?"

I nod, "Let's go there."

"Sure?"

"Sure I'm sure."

          *****❤*****