Chapter Four

A few tears escaped my closed eyes as I remembered the warmth of Jack. But I reluctantly let the image go and got up from the bed.

Inside a tiny closet hung many different clothes, and I hesitantly put on the more colorful clothes, more color than I had ever wished to wear. I grabbed on my boots and headed out of the room, the bright sun shining like it was no time to mourn the drastic change of so many peoples lives.

I walked over to the cabin where I had eaten the previous night. Everyone from the town sat with food in front of them. I looked for somewhere to sit, until I was gestured to by an elk, the elk who had fed me yesterday and taken my clothes to wash.

I went over and kindly took the seat beside her. As far as I could remember, her name was Chelsea, a beautiful name for such a beautiful creature, she held white hair and piecing blue eyes, but her skin was as dark as night.

"Welcome to breakfast, did you sleep well last night?" Chelsea asked with a small smile upon her lips. I nodded to her.

A bowl of cereal was placed in front of me by a supposed kitchen waiter. Behind him flowed a beautiful set of feathers. He had to be a peacock mix, I had never seen one but they are said to possess immense beauty. I hadn't seen his face, but now I wished to.

Before my memory slipped I turned back to Chelsea, "Did you finish washing my clothes from yesterday?" I leaned over and asked in my most polite voice, but I was still cautious as they were my most important possession so far, until I could meet with Jack again.

she looked at me then looked back at her bowl, her face was stern, no emotion showed, "They were too cluttered with blood, we decided they were not worthy of you and tossed them away." 

I rushed up, shaking the table almost until it flipped, food spilled over everyone on the opposite side of the table from me. I slammed the table back down on the ground and stared at the ground. I almost could not contain the rumble in my throat, "What do you mean. . . you threw. . . them away?" I stared wide eyed at the elk.

At that moment everyone stood still, but ready to attack, I stood at the top of the food chain compared to everyone in the room. Even if they all attacked me, it still might not be enough.

"I- I threw them away. . . because the blood would not come out." The pretty little elk tried to back away. But I only walked closer and leaned over, trapping her in her seat.

"Where?"

"In the incinerator." She looked away, cowering in her seat.

I threw her seat back into the wall before walking out into the sun. I kept walking into my designated cabin before screaming, my eyes strained to see through the liquid flowing out of them. My mouth salivated like I needed to kill something, but if I did I would be just as bad as they all imagined me to be.

I sat on the bed and stared at the ceiling, calming myself until my body conformed to what I wanted. I closed my eyes, but a knock at the door interrupted me and I flew up to answer.

A large almost seven foot reptilian stood in front of the door way. He looked scared, but I count him as brave for coming to me now of all times. I counted him extremely brave as he barged past me into my room and sat on my bed.

He twiddled his thumbs as he began spit out information. "They are trying to get you on their side, but if you decide to be on their side then you will be in trouble. They are going to murder the humans, as many as they can, then they are going to place the blame on you. I know it will take because of who you are." He stared at the ground even after he finished.

"So, why did you tell me all this?"

He looked me in the eyes, "you need to run, go find whoever I know you want to, who you need to. I can't see or know that you are in danger."

"Why do you care about me?"

He got up off the bed. "Because I once knew a tiger, he was strong, it was amazing to see the highest class of predator ever known to exist. . . but he was killed by my village when they found out him and I had fallen in love. He said that if I ever find another class 5 or above. . . to protect them, to save them if possible. And that's the promise I must keep." 

I took a step back and nodded, "I will leave for you, for him, and myself. You kept your promise to him, thank you." I existed the room and went around the building. I began to run, run in the last known direction of Jack, as long as nothing else has happened around the humans he wouldn't have to leave, and he would wait for me.

I ran for as long as my legs would carry me, but no matter what pace I went at, I could not keep going, my legs gave out beneath me before even three days passed. I have no water, no food, but if I stayed where I was. . . trouble would have soon followed. So I got up, ignoring the numbness of my legs and kept going.

Nothing will hold me back, not while I am still alive to tell the tale.