05. THE BIGGEST GRYFFINDOR SUPPORTER

chapter five ; the biggest gryffindor supporter

IT TOOK TWO STEPS OUT OF THE GIRLS DORMITORY FOR TEMPEST GROVER TO MEET THE EYES OF SIRIUS BLACK. With her jaw tight and clothing disarrayed, the sight of him only made her more enraged. 

His immediate reaction upon seeing her was to rush forward with a huge grin on his face, staring at the disaster upon her head. As he went to touch it, the fifteen-year-old girl angrily slapped his hand away, but that wasn't enough to stop him. She was absolutely furious -- her face was an impressive shade of pink and her eyes were wide and crazed. Her hair, however, was the attention-grabber, as it was bright, brilliant Gryffindor crimson. She hadn't realised the change in appearance when she woke up, it was only when Lily Evans shrieked in surprise while they were brushing their teeth. Sirius, however, was clearly pleased. "It's a good look!"

"Did you do this?" Tempest took a warning step towards him, her face turning the same colour as her hair. She had no idea how it had happened, but it had the works of James Potter and his friends written all over. Sirius shook his head quickly, though the smirk remained wide on his handsome face. But Tempest was too livid to care about that, instead choosing to move on to her next suspect.

"Potter!

"Slow down!" Sirius tailed after Tempest, his eyes widening once he realised who she was after. The dark haired boy couldn't seem to catch up with her as she stormed down the stairs leading from the dormitories to the common room, her newly coloured hair bouncing up and down like a pom-pom. He didn't know why he was bothering trying to stop her -- she was incredibly quick when she was seething. Instead, he shouted over her shoulder as she ran down the stone steps. "James, run!"

But it was too late. Tempest's expression was deranged when her eyes rested on the fifth-year in the armchair closest to the fire, who was fingering through his transfiguration textbook when he heard Sirius' warning. He quickly shot up with wide eyes, his book cluttering to the ground. His mouth was twitching as he tried to think of what to say, and he forced a hesitant smile as he stumbled to the other side of the room, tripping over his own feet. Other students rushed out of the way at the sight of the girl, none of them wishing to get in the way. "Hello, Pest!"

"Hello, prick," she snapped, inching closer towards him with her wand tightly gripped in her hand. James laughed nervously as she began backing him into the stone wall leaving him no way to escape. Lily and Remus jumped up from their seats on the sofa, not sure what to do.

"Tempest, I really don't think this is necessary!" Sirius said quickly, unsure what it would mean for him if he tried to pull her away. 

"What did you do to me?!" The girl snapped, as James' eyes flickered down to her tight grip on her wand. 

"It was only a joke, Grover!" He insisted, his confident persona breaking (as Tempest could be absolutely terrifying when she wanted to be). "You remember how I messed up that potion the other day in Slughorn's class? It turned Caspar's hair red instead of making him shrink, so I thought that maybe I could slip a bit into your hot cocoa to see if it would work, terrible idea, I know, but...it worked!"