Chapter 1

Naruto's pov:

"It's been about two and a half year."

I mused as I walked through Konoha. A grin was on my face as I saw a few little kids playing ninja. I had missed this place, it was my home after all.

I dropped my backpack and ran up a tall pole.

"This takes me back! The village hasn't changed a bit!" I spread my arms out to the side "Everyone! Naruto Uzumaki is back!"

I chuckled as I noticed they had finally put up a stone face of Tsunade next to the other hokage's.

"Naruto!"

I looked down to see a slightly more grown up Konohamaru standing at the foot of the pole with Jiraiya and his team.

I quickly jumped down from the tall pole and landed smoothly next to the group.

"Long time no see, Konohamaru!"

The little kid had grown. But so had he.

Out of the blue, Konohamaru transformed into a more mature, female version of himself. Her breast area and down below barely covered by tufts of smoke.

"How about that?! Pretty nice, huh?!"
Konohamaru" I said solemly "I'm not a kid anymore. And you too, shouldn't be using jutsu like that."

Konohamaru frowned sadly, ashamed of himself.

"That's such a boring jutsu! Check out my freshly developed new pervy ninjutsu!"

Before I could do the proper handsigns though, I got interrupted by a jounin telling me to go report to Tsunade.

~~~

"I'm sure your training produced good results, right?'

Lady Tsunade was sat behind her desk in her office, looking as young as ever.

"Do you think we came back without making progress?" Jiraiya mused.

"It went perfectly." I chimed in.

"Then show me those results immediately."

I gave Tsunade a questioning look.

"You will take on a particular man. I didn't send him on missions for the past several days and had him standby for this very purpose. Your opponent will be..."

Someone knocked on the door. After a quick 'come in' the door slowly creaked open. My eyes were focused on the door.

My eyes widened as I saw Shikamaru and Temari step into the office. It was weird to see everyone so grown up.

"Oh you're Naruto, aren't you?" The lazy ninja recognized. "So you're back, huh."

"Yeah I got back this morning." I stiffened "Does that mean you're my opponent?"

He shook his head slowly.

"Naruto that's not your opponent. He's out there." Tsunade pointed a finger to the window.

I opened the window and looked around.

"You sure got tall... Naruto." A certain jounin raised his hand in greeting. He was casually reading one of his weird books on a rooftop.

I grinned widely.

"Kakashi-sensei! You haven't changed one bit! Also I got a present for you."

I rummaged around in my pouch until I found the present. I handed over the newest edition of the Make-Out series. Kakashi eagerly accepted the book.

"Kakashi will be your opponent."

My mound dropped open. There was no way I could take on Kakashi.

"I want to see what you can do against an opponent like him. I will determine your status in the future based on the results."

Kakashi quickly fled the scene to go read his new book. Promising to meet up later on the training grounds.

~~~

After wandering around town with Shikamaru and Temari for a bit it was finally time to meet up with Kakashi.

After making me wait for a bit, Kakashi finally showed up. He was muttering some excuse about an old lady

He took me to the place where we had the bell test all those years ago. When we were fresh genin.

My face saddened. Team 7. Three genin and a jounin. Now it was reduced to just one genin and a jounin.

"We had Sasuke with us back then, didn't we?" He sighed sadly "Mizuki was still... alive."

My eyes became glassy. Mizuki... Mizuki was gone forever. Nightmares about her final moments had plagued him for a long time. Kakashi took a hard hit. Mizuki was like his sister. But Sasuke. He took it harder than anyone else. Because of her death he ended up leaving the village behind. Thus leaving only one genin behind.

A bell chimed as Kakashi took a familiar bell out of his pocket.

"Let's see how much you've grown. You haven't given up on Sasuke, have you?"

My features hardened in determination.

I was going to get Sasuke back to Konoha. One way or another.

"The rules are the same as the first time."

I tightened my headband and grinned.

We quickly ensued in battle.

It soon became obvious that I was heavily outmatched. I didn't stand a chance without Sasuke or Mizuki.

After being thrown around on the field hours I suddenly grinned. I had an idea. A great idea. A brilliant idea. Kakashi won't be able to counter this.

I jumped out of my hiding place in the bushes, kunai in hand.

Now

"At the end of 'Make-Out Tactics'...!"

Kakashi's eyes widened in terror.

"As it happens, the main character..."

Kakashi clutched his ears with his hands and closed his eyes. Adamant on not getting spoilers.

I grinned as I easily grabbed the bell.

"You got me."

~~~

I decided to get me some Ichiraku ramen. I had missed that ramen, it was the best ramen in the world. I met up with Iruka there, who treated me.

After eating I walked through the village. I followed Kakashi into a flower shop.

"The usual?" The shop owner asked.

Kakashi nodded and the lady quickly went to get a small bouquet of white roses.

My eyes saddened. Those roses were certainly for Mizuki's grave. I had a feeling that Kakashi still went to her grave daily. The man had truly cared for Mizuki, every could see it.

Kakashi nodded in acknowledgment to me and we both walked silently next to each other.

We softly entered the clearing but came across an unexpected sight.

Kakashi froze and dropped the bouquet.

"What is it Kaka-" My voice stilled at the sight in front of us.

Right in front of Mizuki's grave sat a girl. White hair cascades down her back. Upon hearing my voice, she slowly turned her head in our direction.

Bright green eyes widened as they met clear blue ones.