Chapter 8

Mizuki's pov:

"It looks like there's a large cavern inside, but... I can't really see clearly what's going on inside... it looks like there are several people inside." Neji's voice was slightly strained from the use of his kekkei genkai.

"What about Gaara?" Naruto interrupted "what's happening to Gaara?!"

I softly put my hand on Naruto's shoulder "Let him focus."

"It's hard to explain what I saw."

"So we'll just have to go in there I guess." I spoke.

Gai backflipped away from us before throwing a hard punch at the rock wall sealing the cavern.... not even putting a dent in it.

"A barrier" He scoffed. "We have to remove it first."

I let out an impatient sigh, we needed to figure out what kind of barrier this even is and then hope we can break it. We're wasting too much time, Gaara could be dead by now.

"It looks like a five-seal barrier." Kakashi said. "There will be 4 other tags in the area, we need to remove all tags simultaneously."

Lucky for us, we had Neji who quickly used his byakugan to spot the other tags.

Even more lucky for us, Gai brought wireless radios to help us time the tag removal. He handed one to each of his teammates and one to Kakashi.

"CAN YOU HEAR ME GUYS?"
Everyone wearing the wireless radios flinched at Lee's loud voice.

"Lee! Please turn your microphone down." Tenten interjected.

"I'M SORRY!"

Once again the others nearly lost what was left of their hearing. I was standing near Kakashi and even I cringed at the volume.

Finally, Lee turned down the volume.

"All right team!" Gai stuck out his hand palm down in the middle of his teammates. Lee immediately putting his hand on top of it. After some hesitation, an embarrassed Tenten followed.

I chuckled as I saw Neji dying inside. I felt sorry for him having to deal with that team. After a stare down with Gai, Neji reluctantly put his hand on top causing Gai to smile a bedazzling smile.

"Scatter" and then they were gone.

"Hey hey guys" Naruto turned to us excitedly "let's do that too!"

"No"

"Never"

"You fool"

~~~

"The moment the barrier is removed, we'll need someone to destroy the barrier. Naruto do you have-"

"I can do it." I stepped forward.

Kakashi looked at me skeptically "Are you sure?"

"Trust me, I have trained during my uhm absence. This will be easy." I smirked.

"Very well then."

After sitting by and waiting anxiously for some time we finally got the signal. Naruto gave me a nod and I readied myself. I sunk into a fighting stance, fist raised high and muscles tensed.

As soon as Kakashi ripped the tag of I sprung into action.

"Water dragons iron fist!"

Rapidly swirling water surrounded my fist as I dashed towards the stone wall and smashed my fist into it, crumbling it into tiny pieces.

"Good Mizuki, move in."

We swiftly jumped into the cavern. My eyes darted around the place. It was a huge cavern with an odd statue in the back that contained eyes, some opened and some closed. In front of it were two akatsuki members. One looked young with blonde hair in a high ponytail and only one arm while the other was crouched over like an old man, a mask covering the lower half of his face. My eyes narrowed as I spotted the blonde one sitting on a still Gaara. We were too late, Gaara was gone.

I clenched my fists and blinked away some tears, it was not becoming of a ninja to cry after all.

I glanced over to a shaking Naruto worriedly. He was not going to take this well.

"Now... which one's the jinchuriki?" The blonde one asked.

"You creeps!" Naruto yelled, his eyes turning red "I'll kill the both of you!"

"The first one to start yelling and screaming... it's him." The older man grumbled in a deep, gravely voice.

"Gaara! Stand up!" Desperation clawed itself into Naruto's voice "hey!"

I shared a worried glance with Kakashi and lady Chiyo. "That's enough Naruto."

"That's right, he's long dead." The blonde one smirked, slapping Gaara's face.

"Give him back!"

Kakashi swiftly put a hand in front of Naruto to stop him from blindly storming into a fight.

Naruto still managed to throw a kunai at the two arguing Akatsuki members however. A metal tail slittered out from the shorter one's cloak, blocked the kunai effortlessly. Poison dripping of the spiked end.

"One jinchuriki each, Deidara." He grumbled.

I gritted my teeth, this was going to be a tough fight. These people were S ranked criminals, their strength surpassing mine and Naruto's bu far. We had to be extremely careful.

Deidara summoned a big white clay bird that grabbed Gaara in its beak and flew off. "Bye Sasori"

Because Naruto has zero impulse control, he stormed after the bird blindly, Kakashi followeing swiftly after.

"Mizuki, lady Chiyo, be careful"

I nodded at him with a confidence I did not have before taking on a fighting stance.

"I'd heard that you'd retired long ago."

"I suddenly wanted to see my grandson again."

My jaw dropped. Grandson? The guy looked like he was 70.

"Mizuki, don't fret. I'm here. You step back." Lady Chiyo took a few steps forwards, grabbing multiple kunai strung to a wire from her sleaves and flinging them towards her supposed grandson.

Sasori used his tail to easily deflect the incoming kunai, scattering them around him.
"If you're going to defy me, then I guess I have mo choice..."

His cloak ripped off, revealing a puppet. My eyes widened in shock. How?

"W-what's that?"

"That's not Sasori's real body, it's a puppet and he's inside it. This makes him strong at close range which is usually the weakness of puppet masters."

I stepped forwards till I was next to lady Chiyo "Let's fight together."

"Very well, I could use your strength. I need you to get close to him and smash the puppet as hard as you can. To do that, you need to dodge all of his hidden device attacks. One scratch and you're dead, every weapon is laced with poison. Leave that to me, I have more battle experience than him. I'll attach my chakra strings to you to help you dodge. I need you to trust me."

I nodded once, taking out a kunai. The chances of me surviving this battle were slim but with lady Chiyo on my side this might just work out.

"Let's do it."

~~~
A/N

Guys, I'm still alive but just having some trouble finding inspiration for the book. Especially the battle versus Sasori, I don't want it to be an exact copy of the battle with Sakura but am still at a loss on how to write it so if anyone has ideas please share