279.Impressed

John was bored. He was tired and lazy, and there was nothing he could do. He wanted to find something to distract himself. He sighed quietly, pacing around the living room. Sherlock wasn't there, so talking wasn't an option.

After awhile of thinking, John went downstairs. Maybe Mrs Hudson had something he could do.

"Hello," he smiled as he walked to Mrs Hudson. "do you have anything I could do? I'm bored.."

Mrs Hudson nodded and showed John to a piano she had. He checked it out, smiling a little. "I don't know how to play piano."

"Use an app or look it up. Learning an instrument is an excellent way to pass time. Sherlock used to play on it, before he got too frustrated and gave up."

John imagined his best friend, he would look so beautiful playing piano, so gorgeous.

He turned on a video and started to play.

A few months passed quickly. John was getting better at piano, but he didn't want Sherlock to know. He was hoping to surprise him. Maybe he would be able to teach him how to play eventually.

John could now play with his eyes closed and without a video. He was learning a song Sherlock had made on his violin, he had named it 'Our Adventure' and it blew up on the internet, turning into 'Sherlock and John's Theme Song.'

With his eyes closed, John started playing the tune. He did this whenever he had free time and was learning quickly. His hands moved across the board of keys, producing beautiful sounds that mixed together just the right way to make it sound gorgeous.

John was at about the middle of the song now. He pressed the wrong key by accident and sighed. "This won't wow him, Watson," the man mumbled to himself, sitting back up the proper way and playing the song from the beginning.

"It already did. I am impressed."

John jumped and yelped, turning around with wide eyes. "Ah! Sherlock--"

Sherlock smiled and walked closer. "That's beautiful, John." He said, setting a hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Th-Thank you..." John smiled proudly, staring at Sherlock. "Mrs Hudson told me you had once tried to learn the piano."

"I had too much going on to continue learning. Mycroft had hired someone to teach me, but I fired him, gave up, and went back to my usual life." He sat down next to John, making him move over a bit so they could both fit. "I think I remember some things..."

Sherlock pulled up his sleeves and pressed a few keys. John was stunned for a moment as Sherlock played a song John had never heard before, that must've been what he learned. Then what seemed like half way through, he stopped. John was disappointed. Just as he thought, he looked gorgeous playing the piano.

"I could never get passed this part. It gets really fast, building up suspense and getting louder."

John chuckled. "How cocky! You were just learning and you picked something so difficult?" He pat Sherlock's back and laughed quietly.

Sherlock's cheeks flushed with a shy red and a slight smile. "Yeah, I know... I thought it would be easy."

John shook his hands then set them on the keys. "I've been practicing for months now, I wanted to impress you with your song.." he smiled and started playing. Sherlock set his hands on his lap and smiled, listening to the music that came from the piano so beautifully.

John played through the song, getting lost in the tunes, the complicated notes that he had perfected now.

Sherlock listened, watching John's hands and committing every movement to memory. Once John finished their theme song, Sherlock cupped his cheeks and pressed their lips together.

The strange thing was, it felt so natural. John returned the kiss, tilting his head and taking his hands off the piano, setting them on Sherlock's waist instead.

It felt like fire, John was immediately overwhelmed with the feeling of love, it consumed every part of him, every last inch. The spark was bigger than John ever imagined, and right then, everything just clicked.

Like teenagers kissing for the first time, it soon became passionate. Sherlock ran his fingers through John's hair and moved closer, sitting on his lap. John didn't even realise this, he was too amazed, the feeling of Sherlock doing this was new, but definitely wanted.

John pulled away after a few seconds and looked up at Sherlock, breathing heavily.

"Boyfriends?" John asked, tilting his head.

"Definitely." Sherlock smiled and nodded.