Chapter 13

Mikey's POV

It's been three days since Andy told me the real story about my parents and I still haven't decided whether I'm going to believe him or not. I don't know what motives Andy would have to lie to me about my background, but I also don't understand why my dad - or just Blair - would keep such personal information away from me.

I could definitely use some distraction at the moment, but the boys haven't seemed to be very interested in me, the last three days. Especially Rye has seemed a bit distant since that day he ran off while we were singing. He even gave me my own room.

I don't say I'm not happy with it, but I actually really enjoyed the conversations I had with Rye. He made funny jokes that made me feel better and he even comforted me when I was sad. But I guess he finally realized I'm an annoying boy with a childish sense of humor. I don't think he wants to talk to me again.

The other boys kind of ignored me as well. Aside from bringing me food and water every day, they didn't talk to me at all. Maybe they're getting used to having a prisoner in their house. Maybe I'm not special to them anymore.

When my thoughts are back in the room, I suddenly notice the TV is still on. I'm about to turn it off, but then the news broadcast begins and I freeze immediately when my face appears on the screen.

"The police still hasn't found out anything new about the disappearance of Mikey Dreelan, son of the famous music producer, Blair Dreelan," the news presenter says. "The 20 year old boy, who disappeared more than two weeks ago has left the police a true mystery."

I stare up at the TV. "I'm right here," I whisper, although I know no one can hear me. "I got kidnapped by four boys, who locked me up in a small room with little furniture and an even smaller bathroom, anywhere in a big house located a few streets away from Asda."

"Talking to the walls again, Michael?" I hear Andy say from the other side of the door.

"At least they don't lock me up in small rooms and leave me alone for hours," I say angrily, staring at the door. I grab the remote control that's lying on the bed next to me and turn off the TV. Just then the door opens and Any walks in, holding a bowl filled with a red fluid substance.

"Soup," Andy says with a wide grin on his face. "Now you have your food and water in one." He puts the bowl down on the nightstand and hands me a spoon, while he's staring at me as if he expects me to laugh at his stupid joke.

"Great," I say sarcastically and snitch the spoon out of his hand. "If you have nothing else to say to me, you may as well leave right now."

Andy looks over his shoulder. "Actually I have," he says with a mysterious look in his eyes. He opens the door a little further and then, out of nowhere, all boys walk in, while singing "Happy  birthday to you."

Brooklyn is holding a bowl of confetti and occasionally grabs a hand full and throws it around in the room, while Rye is holding a small birthday cake. They smile at me when they see me and Jack gives me a hug.

When they finish the song, they all scream, "Happy birthday!" as loud as they can and Brooklyn empties the bowl of confetti above my head.

"Thank you guys," I say laughing,"but it's not even my birthday today." When I move my head, a few pieces of confetti that got stuck in m hair fall down in my soup.