thirty-two

"thank god it's the weekend," tyler muttered, throwing his backpack into the back seat of josh's car.

"long week?"

"you have no idea."

"well, lucky for you, we're going out to eat tonight."

"we are?!" tyler asked excitedly, squirming in his seat.

"yeah, but we have to take you to change first."

"change? why?"

"we're going somewhere fancy."

"ooooh," tyler coed, watching the houses they drove past. "how fancy?"

"just wear something you feel pretty in."

"i feel pretty in everything," tyler pointed out, making the older laugh.

"you are pretty in everything."

✨🌸✨

josh stared at the boy in awe the second he walked out the front door. tyler looked stunning, jaw-dropping. he looked a thousand times prettier than any boy josh had ever been with before. he was wearing a tight, black dress that showed off an excessive amount of skin, but josh was okay with it. the more people stared, the more he could prove that tyler was his and his only. the brunette was wearing black stilettos and held a shiny clutch in his left hand.

(IT'S CUTE OKAY?!?!?)

"you look amazing," josh blurted out the second tyler opened up the passenger door. the boy blushed, carefully sliding onto the leather seat.

"thank you."

"god, baby, i don't know if i'll be able to drive. i can't take my eyes off you."

"stoooop!" tyler whined, letting himself giggle. "i'm hungry!"

"okay, okay," josh smiled and finally drove off.

they spent the car ride singing along to the radio, tyler being way more into it that josh was. he was holding a pretend microphone and had his eyes shut tight as if he was lost in his own world. josh, however, was softly singing along and tapping his fingers against the steering wheel. he'd much rather listen to tyler than hear himself.

"we're here," josh spoke up, interrupting the chorus of tyler's new favorite song by billie eilish.

the brunette was annoyed that he was cut off, but perked up when he realized he was going to be eating soon. he quickly hopped out of josh's car and met the man halfway to the door. tyler intertwined his arm with josh's. he clung close to the man, as if to say "i'm with him so don't even try." josh grinned, feeling the smaller's arm around his tattooed one.