Beginning

The sound of snow crushing underneath my feet gives me the feeling of belonging, or perhaps, loneliness. The bright sun shimmering across the frozen lake, trapping in the animals with it. Fishes that are frozen solid, staring at me with their dead eyes. Mocking me, basically screaming"ready or not! Here you come! Cause your going to be next!" And boy, are they so wrong, but so right at the same time. The winter breeze gone colder than my dead heart, the sky dark as my soul. The animals around me are still. Not moving an inch, staring at me with their big, wide eyes. Watching my every move. One wrong move, and they could end me. So as slowly as a sloth, I walk through the frozen lake, cracking ever so often. My heart beating so slow, my breathing becoming shallow. The ice is breaking. I can hear it. The beast that sleeps underneath the ice. I can hear it breathe, and it's underneath my right foot. Waiting for me to fall in. I slowly look around, trying to find a solution. The animals surrounded me, as if they plan to kill me. I look to my right, there's a shed that's made of old woods. On my left there's a cave. Either way, I'm screwed. So as fast as I can, ran to the old shed. The animals behind started to go crazy. One the foxes went after me, snarling at me with their unnatural fangs. The ice beneath me started to become rocky.

KEEP RUNNING?
OR
STOP AND KEEP STILL?