Stop and Keep Still

My heart pounding so painfully that tears slowly stream down my skinless face. The bright blue moon gives out a peaceful light, while giving a sinister image. The ice beneath me is breaking ever so slowly. A stinging sensation fully took control of my body.  My mind soon turn into mush. A cold sweat dripping down my back, for I have another problem. The animals behind me. The harsh reality soon sink in. I will die. I will die. I will die. My body shiver at the thought of dying, but my will says otherwise. The footsteps of the animals is all I can hear. The sound of their claws scratching the icy lake. Soon an idea pop into my head.

STOP RUNNING. My legs will soon betray me, and the animals will get me. Colors started to swirl around in my line of vision, making odd shapes. I can no longer tell what's real or not. On my right, there should be a shed. Only can I hope that my legs won't give out. A ringing sound started to fill my head, making silent words. My mouth let out an unnatural wail. Like a deer that is being possessed by a evil entity. Black, green, red swirling around my eyes. A shout of help soon escape from my bust up lips. Tears helplessly trailing behind. The sound of a large POP will forever stay with me. In an instant, I fell.

My heart mercilessly pounding against my fragile ribs. The animals behind me closing in. My hands shaking at the thought of death, my lips letting out a loud screeched . I'm going to die. No matter what I do, the outcome will be death. Ten seconds left before the animals get here. My legs shivering in pain, my vision block by my fat tears. The shed. Can I at least hope to be save? I turn to my right, the shed is only three feet away. But can I really be saved? The pain from running soon answer my question. Three seconds until the animals get here. I will stop running. I don't have a choice. This... This is my fate.  Two seconds. Strength is what I need. What I always lack in. One second. I'm a coward. Zero. Their here. My breathing soon turn shallow, my body stayed down. The sound of the animals stopping in front of me will always haunt me. I closed my eyes, not wanting to watch them kill me.

But nothing happened. Slowly, I open my eyes. Only to see something so.... Sinister. Behind me was the animals. In front of me is.... Is.... not even an animal... or even human. It was staring deep into my very soul, toying with me by letting me live for this long. The paw of this beast was raised in the air. Fear quickly ran through my body. My heart rapidly beating against my chest. A sudden swipe caught my attention. The beast's thin tail wraps around my neck. Slowly, the beast tighten it. The feeling of the leather tail around my neck made me realize that this is my fate. I will not survive. Tears streaming down my skinless face. A sudden cry ripped through my mouth. A flashback of my sister evaded my mind. How we would go to the park to stay away from our parents. I let out a shallow cry, the tail only tighten even more. And almost in an instant, I see white.

Third POV: As the beast tightens its tail around the young boy, blood started to stream down from the eyes. The sudden crack made every animal freeze. The beast lets go of the boy, only to have him buried underneath the ice. The animals surrounded the grave as if they felt bad for the death. But soon they all scattered away when a female girl walks by. Her eyes showing no remorse, her lips turn into a dolly smile. Soon an insane laughter echoes throughout the forest.