CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

"Se Hun! Where are we going?"

He led me to an empty practice room.

Anong gagawin namin dito? @_@

“I didn’t go here just to tour you guys around.” He smiled. “I’m not an idol yet. Remember, I’m still a trainee. There’s no guarantee that I will debut. If they don’t like my progress, I might never debut. So I’m here to train and train and train to be the best that I could be.”

“B-but, don’t you find it awkward if I watch?”

“No. You can tell me if my performance is not good.” He smiled again. “Do you like dancing?”

“I like watching people dance. But I don’t know how to.”

Se Hun went near the stereo and opened it. DBSK’s Balloons suddenly played. Napatawa ako dahil ang cute cute lang ng kantang yun ^_^

“Are you sure you’re going to dance this?” I asked.

He nodded. “For a beginner like you, this one’s quite easy. Watch me, okay?”

I sat on the floor.

HE’S ONE BIG CUTIE PIE WHILE DANCING BALLOONS!! EEP!! He’s not doing aegyo but his smile is enough to be the cutest Se Hun.

“Stand up.” Bigla niyang hinila yung kamay ko kaya napatayo ako.

“Eh?”

“You’re going to dance.”

“N-no! I-I don’t know!”

“Just follow me!”

Dahil sa pagpupumilit niya, napilitang naman akong sumayaw. Mukha lang kaming tangang dalawa kaka-sayaw ng balloons. @_@

Bigla siyang nagpunta malapit sa may lockers at iniwan akong nakatayo sa gitna.

“Ya!”

Nagulat ako kasi may dala na siyang malaking bunny head dress @_@

“This completes your costume, babo.” (Babo – stupid)

“What?!” I stared at him angrily.

Bigla niyang nilagay yung malaking head dress sa ulo ko kaya medyo napatumba ako ng paupo.

“Hahahaha! You look so cute in that bunny costume. You can dance again now.”

Yup! Sa music video kasi ng Balloons nakasuot ng cute animal costumes ang DBSK -.-

"You called me what? BABO?" I stood up and threw my fists at him.

"Babo for running away like a bunny last time."

Napatigil ako sa sinabi niya. Ito na naman yung issue nung isang araw! Kailangan talagang i-open up?

He sat on the floor and pulled my hand so I sat beside him.

"Why did you run? So you were there while Subin and I were talking?"

"Yes. But I ran because it's already late. What were you thinking mister?"

"Not because you're jealous?" Tumawa siya.

I hit his arm.

"That's so cocky!" Naiinis talaga ako kapag iniisip niyang gusto ko siya ><

"Seriously, I have problems when I tell people that I'm a trainee. Some people do not want to be seen with trainees, you know."

Eh? May tao pa lang ayaw makipag-kaibigan sa isang trainee? Eh diba ang sarap nga ng feeling kapag may kaibigan kang artista?

"Sometimes, an idol's friends' privacy is also taken for granted by the fans. Sometimes they make rumors when they go out. I thought that you might be one of them. And that's also the reason why I didn't see you for a week."

Sinadya niya pala na hindi makipagkita sa akin. O_O

"But Subin said that I shouldn’t worry and try to make friends with you if I really want to."

Gusto niya talaga makipag-kaibigan sa akin? At si Subin ang nagsabi sa kaniyang makipag-usap ulit sa akin?

"Subin said that?"

"Yes. Subin knows that she's my only friend in the campus. And I can't just make friends with random people knowing that I'm a trainee."

"B-but, where are your friends?"

"They’re studying in a different school. Some are other trainees."

"But Subin, how did you become friends?"

"Subin and I used to go to the same middle school. He was a big fan of DBSK and used to spend nights in front of SME building just to see them. But she eventually found out about I becoming a trainee, and she confronted me. Having nobody to talk about my pains in training, we became friends. She is like a stress ball to me, and I'm very happy that she keeps my secrets. There was a time when somebody bullied me in school because I get a lot of attention because I am an uhljjang and she protected me. I feel really indebted to her because she is a girl, and I am a boy, and I should be protecting myself. And then she decided to go to the same high school so that she could protect me further from sasaeng and anti-fans."

"She must be a very kind girl."

Totoo naman. Napakabait ni Subin at obvious na napaka-thankful ni Se Hun sa kanya.

"She is. But sometimes she gets over the edge. Like what happened when she bullied you. I even have to assure her just to make her believe that you're not what she thinks you are."

"So you like her don't you? How could you not like a girl like her?"

Napahinga siya ng malalim.

"No." Napahinga ulit siya. "That's why I feel sad and sorry for her. She admitted about her feelings to me, but I can't give anything back but just love for a sibling."

"But you wish you have feelings for her?"

"No. I don't want to dictate what feelings to feel. If I like a person, I want it to happen naturally. But Subin…" Napatigil siya.

"Subin?"

"Subin gets depressed easily. That makes it more difficult. I couldn't just break her heart."

I dropped my jaw when he said that. That makes it too difficult for him! ><

“When Subin found out about you, she felt really jealous. She thought that you will replace her because I don’t talk to her in campus but I do talk to you. We got into a little fight, but good thing she understood that she’s not the only friend I’ll be having in my entire life.”

“Se Hun, if this is too difficult for Subin, I am willing to—“

“—to what? Stop making friends with me?”

“I-I, I mean, she met you first—“

“—You care too much about her feelings. How about the other people around you, like me?”

Napatigil ako sa sinabi niya. Masyado ba akong nagpapaka-selfish? Kasi parang ayoko ring maging malapit sa kanya dahil alam kong malaki ang chance na magkagusto lang ako sa kanya.

“Ela.” He faced me. “My experiences and sacrifices as a trainee are too much already. If you rejected me as a friend, I would take it very seriously. I rarely make friends with people because of my situation. But seeing people not wanting to make friends with me just makes me feel that I’m alone.”

“Se Hun—“ I touched his arm. “I’m sorry. I understand.”

“Friends?”

He raised his pinky and we did a pinky promise.

-

Balloons MV is on the Multimedia box :)

-OSV