Chapter Eighteen

"I want everything ready. We attack by nightfall." The Crown ordered as she got out of bed and made her way towards the en suite bathroom.

"Do not worry my love, all is according to plan." Constantin informed her. His love affair with the Crown had started centuries ago when it was in the hands of the vampires. They had a mental connection to each other for all his life. He felt good now that he could finally enjoy the physical connection as well.

"Oh Constantin, I have waited for this moment for this long. You and I will be the most powerful rulers to have ever walked on earth. After we eliminate our enemies, those weak humans will have no one to fight for them. I can taste the sweet victory." She said as she prepared to go meet her army.

"There is nothing we can't achieve, my dear." He replied and pulled her closer in his arms. She lay her head on his chest, he took a heavy whiff of her scent that filled his insides. "Let's go claim our place," he said firmly.

◇◇◇◇

They stood outside the gates, The wolves bared their teeth growling at them. She could feel Vladimir next to her stiffen as he stepped in front of her and shielded her from the threat.

"We are here to see the Queen," Vladimir voiced. A yelp escaped one of the guards that made Rose jump.

Rose saw it, her vision was clear as a clear summer day. The werewolf Queen was dead. The golden wolf had died, as it had in her vision. Her killer was the one who controlled the undead minions. In her vision the golden wolf was killed by the undead, it was only logical that whoever killed the Queen was who they needed to find and kill.

"The Queen is dead," she whispered. Vladimir shocked at her revelation took in a mental breath.

"We have come to help with the war. We are requesting audience with the council of the generals." He said firmly.

The werewolves looked at each other as if they were considering their request, after a moment one of them shifted to his human form and walked over to the outpost to contact his superiors.

"Don't be scared my cerise," Vladimir whispered in her ear.

"I'm not," she replied.

"My cerise try to calm down your heart is beating like a drum." He insisted.

"That is...is a drum," Rose said as she slowly turned around. The undead were marching down the mountain. One after the other in perfect sync. Torches in their hands snaking down the mountain side. "This cannot be happening," she mumbled to herself.

She froze, she had watched the very scene she had experienced many times her visions but watching it in real life was shocking. The army was getting closer. She registered the hectic shuffling of feet and screaming in the back of her mind as the werewolves’ army was assembling behind them.

The leaders of the army stood on the top of the hill. Rose squinted her eyes trying to see who was the culprit behind all this mess that had forced her to stop pretending she was a normal human being. Pretending being the key word since she fully understood that a normal human being she was not.

"Who is that?" She asked lowly.

"That my cerise is my dear brother," Vladimir replied, "and next to him your blond friend."

"Amb-Amber," she hissed shocked. Her legs felt like jelly, she reached out her hand and grabbed on to Vladimir's arm. "Are you sure?"

"Very," he answered.

"Oh my gosh, Amber? Why would she be with Constantin? Amber, my friend, Amber? But she has nothing to do with the inhuman world, she is as normal as they come." She mumbled shocked from the turn of events.

"Hmm...that's odd." He said with furrowed eyebrows.

"What is?" She asked as she pushed a strand of hair away from her forehead with a shaking hand.

"Your friend, Amber, just ordered the undead to attack." Vladimir placed his hands on Rose's shoulders and forced her to look at him, "my cerise, listen to me." Rose nodded as she locked eyes with him.

"Your friend is dead. That blond on top of the hill is just someone that looks like your friend. The Crown is using her body as a vessel," he watched as tears started to run down Rose's cheeks, "did you understand what I said to you?" Rose simply nodded.

Vladimir shook her gently, "You need to fight your friend. I'm not going to sugar-coat it for you my cerise. You need to capture the Crown and as soon as you do your friend's body will be lifeless."

Rose paled. She watched as the undead were closing the distance between them.

"Ready?" Vladimir asked.

"No." Rose whispered. She opened her mouth to scream but no sound materialized.

The undead started attacking along the length of the Kingdom's walls. Hordes of them were getting through and spraying their vile thorns upon everything that crossed their path. Rose stood there motionless.

Vladimir started attacking the undead ripping their bodies on his path with sharp and precise movements. He was now engrossed in the battlefield. Attackers and defenders of the kingdom were now a tangled mass. Rose took a step back, she wiped her sweating palms on her jeans. She needed to get her voice back.

A loud sarcastic laugh brought her out of her trance. It was Amber. "Not my friend," she mumbled as she took one last look at her as she stood smirking down on the fight.

She surveyed the battlefield, spotted a fresh squad of the undead trying to flank the werewolves from the left. She run as fast as she could, hoping to make it on time before they attacked. She stood feet rooted to the ground, with a single scream annihilate them and raised her eyebrow at the figures of Constantin and The Crown. "Who's laughing now?" She hissed

__________

Hi!

One more chapter to go for the story to end. Hope you liked it.

Don't forget to comment and vote!!!!

♡♡♡♡