Chapter 10

We pulled up to Blake's large house that was in a gated community. He came from a rich family but they were pretty modest. There were people hanging out front, some were barely able to stay up while others looked perfectly fine with a red cup in hand. I could hear the slight bumping of music when we got out of the car.

I stood next to Kyle, keeping my head down for the most part, as we walked into the large house. Kyle already began to walk away but I grabbed his shirt.

"Woah, what?" He asked, regaining his balance.

"You're not leaving me." I pouted And crossed my arms.

"Why don't you stay near Blake or Brianna? Your brothers hang out with me every party, Brooklyn." He explained while looking down at me with a somewhat sympathetic look.

"I don't even know where they went!" I exclaimed when I realized Blake and Brianna were gone.

"Just look for them." He stated simply.

"That's easy for you to say! You can see over the whole crowd, I can't even see over shoulders!" I said frustratedly.

"Walk around, if you see your brothers just look away." He shrugs.

"If I get caught, you better help me not get killed!" I told Kyle. He laughed and nodded before walking away.

I started around the house looking for Blake when I was spun around and pinned to the wall. With my shocked wide eyes, I was met with Blake.

"What the hell?" I asked him. He put one finger to his mouth.

"You can't just walk around Brooklyn. Your brothers will see you. They're right behind me so don't move your head, just stay still, okay?" He said calmly, I quickly nodded my head.

"So what do we do?" I asked quietly. Blake sighed.

"Wait for them to walk away."

"How do we know when they go away?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Just listen for them."

"Blake, there's 7 of them. This was a bad idea, I'm gonna get caught." I said, getting more anxious than I already was.

"Brooklyn, your brothers are quick to get drunk. They probably already are." He mumbled.

"And if they aren't?"

"Relax. What's the worse they could do?" He asked.

"They would never talk to you again, ban me from being near Kyle, and put me into online school. I don't have anything that they can take away, so they'll just keep me even more locked up." I say with a serious tone. There's no doubt in my mind that I would be put into some sort of homeschool, they'd send me to an all girls prep school for all I know.

"You'll be fine." He tried to calm me down but only upset me more.

"You don't understand, Blake. When I say this stuff I mean it, I'm not exaggerating. And Kyle is my only friend and has been my friend since we were little kids and they've already threatened me with banning Kyle from the house or anywhere near me." I rant but it was cut short when Blake just put his index finger on my lips.

"Listen to me. Calm. Down. Live in the moment, if shit hits the fan we'll deal with it when we get there, Okay?" He tried to reassure me. Before I could respond, he just grabbed my wrist and walked around for a bit.

  "Wanna have a shot?" He asked. I was hesitant and still said no. "Just one? Please?" He asked with an enthusiastic smile. I sighed but held up one finger.